OpenAI Craziness

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Bless me, what do they teach them at these schools? (I knew you'd be disappointed if I didn't do that.)

My point is (and you may not be disagreeing) that even if it's not exactly human-mimicking yet (and it still has a way to go), that a lot more of human creativity can be modeled mathematically than we previously thought. Basically, we're not as special as we thought we were. Galileo showed we're not at the center of the universe, Darwin showed we're just another type of animal, and ChatGPT and DALL-E3 are showing us we're not the only ones who can make art.
I mean, again, it's all in Plato. If human activity and production is rational, then of course it can be modeled mathematically.

Reynard

Legend
Quite sure that I do.
If you did you would not call it either plagiarism or collage. It operates by determining what comes next. That is, what is adjacent to the thing. This is based on the data it is trained on and then, separately, a secondary training system that refines that information. It isn't designed to replicate a thing ir take pieces of things. Rather, it is a predictive machine, trying to figure out what comes next based on its training data.

You literally can't assert that you understand how it works and say it is a plagiarism machine.

Note, by the way, that I am not making any sort of ethical argument here. I am not saying that it isn't a plagiarism machine because of the way I feel about how AI is developed. I am just talking about how the tech works. People are free to make their own ethical judgments based on training data etc.

Remove ads