• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Operation: Power Level Gary

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
About a month ago, I went looking for three or four Gygax posts, and noticed his lack of XP. Not knowing the history of XP implementation, I wondered what was up with that, and meant to post an OP similar to this thread's, but did not.

I've made up for that by handing it out and helping the cause.

good job! Keep up the good work. and my your 4 sided always land on four for magic missels

CleverNickName:

They are like diapers...apparently...

yup! to be changed when they get full of $417, but wait, that would be the moment they are in politics......

Scott DeWar

Wait...this thread is looking awfully familiar...

Really, though, this is a great idea. None shall lay claim to being greatest but the Greatest Himself!

no no, this is purely your imagination.

oh, and by the way i found this, uh *somewhere*:

gimme one more second...

1 Kobold > Umpleby 0
2 Goblin > Stunjelly 10
3 Hobgoblin > Tirapheg 23
4 Orc > Flumph 37-39
5 Gnoll > Carbuncle 55
6 Bugbear > Trilloch 75
7 Owlbear > Nilbog 100
8 Githyanki > Gorilla Bear 135
9 Harpy > Flail Snail 165
10 Troll > Giant Two-headed Troll 202-206
11 Vampire > Qullan 260-264
12 Umber Hulk > Penanggalan 319-338
13 Vrock > Meenlock 384-394
14 Mind Flayer > Grell 470
15 Lesser Angel > Gambado(springing skull of death!) 570
16 Earth Elemental > Eye of Fear and Flame
17 Death Knight > Sussurus > Sharktopus 832
18 Gibbering Mouther > Blindheim/(Golden Retriever) 990

What else we know:

Mods can give out double digit xp if they want, and max xp/day is 10 comments, xp spreading is 29.

EDIT: Magic number is 29, and level 18 was Golden Retriever for a bit, then it switched back so I put it in parentheses, it is Gibbering mouther now.

Another EDIT:: This is the table for how many lights you have:
So the lights would be:

Dark Bars:
1=1-100
2=101-200
3=201-300
4=301-400
5=401-500

5 Dark and X Light bars:
6=501-700
7=701-900
8=901-

For example, someone with 702 XP would have 5 dark bars and 2 light ones, or someone with 1030 XP would have five dark and three light

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Quillan: first ed fiend folio humanoid
Chaotic evil- known for their finely honed broadsword edges giving a non magical +3 / +3 enhancement
they serve no one and any attempt to force them against their will to do something will result in a feed back of their innate confusion ability (sp) that instantly kills them

A Trilloch, found in the same book a few pages further, is an amorphous negative energy being that feeds off the necromantic effects of creatures being damaged. they caused all attacks to be at +1 and damages to be at +1. Further more the creature cause a higher likely hood of a random encounter my alerting low intelligent creatures to be more likely to attack you.

Remove ads