• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Opinions on Gygax's "Insidiae?"

SurfMonkey01

First Post
The title says it all... I did this over at RPG.Net too... I'm really interested in this one, but money is a bit tight and I'm not sure if it would be worth it... any thoughts?

Sir Elton

First Post
SurfMonkey01 said:
The title says it all... I did this over at RPG.Net too... I'm really interested in this one, but money is a bit tight and I'm not sure if it would be worth it... any thoughts?
It has everything from the Storymind theory, to some stuff from Gamemaster Law, to almost any other GMing book on adventures, only presented differently. In other words, Insidae retold everything I already knew. But it isn't completely useless. It has some things that should be in any guide to gamemastering, but isn't. Like, customizing your NPCs thoroughly. I think most GMs need this sort of thing.

Last edited:

Mythmere1

First Post
I'd sort of second that. Not completely useless. It would probably be very helpful to a DM who's making the step up from a good DM to an excellent one, from rules to story. It's not, by the way, written by EGG, which I somehow missed while reading the online descriptions of it. That irritated me right off the bat, and might have biased my impressions.

Remove ads