• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oracle--what am I missing?

DumbPaladin

First Post
"Regardless, I like the Oracle of the Heavens, just for the ridiculous things they can do with the Pattern spells."

Shame they get so few of them. I'm not sure what they do after level 6 or 7 when color spray ceases to be a multiround win spell for them (it remains a one round win spell, but it does for everyone else as well).

The only major one they miss is scintillating pattern, right?

If it's really that important for the Oracle of the heavens to have, it can be acquired via the Arcane sorcerer bloodline level by going 2 feats into the Eldritch Heritage tree, and eventually adding it at 19th level. You'll also get to pick any two lower-level sorcerer/wizard spells you fancy and add them to your list ... and going spell shopping for 2 spells that will help plug up any holes in your build or further accentuate something you're focusing on sounds like fun times.

paradox42

First Post
Huh, Oracle of Metal gets the Skill At Arms Revelation too. I never noticed that before. That's a good Mystery choice for tanking too, then; in fact, with Lead Blades it might be even better than Oracle of Battle.

DumbPaladin

First Post
Huh, Oracle of Metal gets the Skill At Arms Revelation too. I never noticed that before. That's a good Mystery choice for tanking too, then; in fact, with Lead Blades it might be even better than Oracle of Battle.

Yeah, that's what I felt as well. Battle's got a couple of nice abilities, like the initiative / no longer surprised at 7th level revelation, and adding Quicken Spell to healing once a day, but Oracle of metal gets lead blades, keen edge, and versatile weapon at 1st, 3rd, and 4th -- all very nice weapon modifications.

paradox42

First Post
Yeah, that's what I felt as well. Battle's got a couple of nice abilities, like the initiative / no longer surprised at 7th level revelation, and adding Quicken Spell to healing once a day, but Oracle of metal gets lead blades, keen edge, and versatile weapon at 1st, 3rd, and 4th -- all very nice weapon modifications.
More battle, less healing, yeah. Metal also gets the ability to move at full speed in armor, as long as it's metal (ooo, that's a hard limitation to live with, isn't it?), and they can do repairs quickly too. Very interesting contrast.

DumbPaladin

First Post
More battle, less healing, yeah. Metal also gets the ability to move at full speed in armor, as long as it's metal (ooo, that's a hard limitation to live with, isn't it?), and they can do repairs quickly too. Very interesting contrast.

Alas, it's only full movement in up to medium armor, but if you take Skill at Arms (or a level in fighter/cavalier/paladin) and buy mithral full plate, and take the Dance of the Blades revelation ... you're running across the field in full plate armor at a speed of 40, man. :)

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
An Emissary Cavalier gets the ability to move unhindered in Medium Armor AND a bonus feat (Mounted Combat, iirc) right at level 1... It's in Ultimate Combat.

Remove ads