Orcs!

Krishnath

First Post
For those who are still with us...

Let's get this topic back on track, here's another ORC!

Er'orc
Medium-Size Monstrous Humanoid (Orc)
Hit Dice:
2d8+4 (13 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 35'
AC: 16 (+6 natural)
Attacks: Greataxe +4 melee, bite +2 melee
Damage: Greataxe 1d12+3, bite 1d4+1
Face/Reach: 5' by 5'/5'
Special Attacks: Ferocity
Special Qualities: Scent, darkvision 60'
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +3
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 5, Wis 9, Cha 5
Skills: Listen +5, Spot +5, Wilderness Lore +3,
Feats: Alertness (b), Multiattack, Track (b),

Climate/Terrain: Temperate forest and underground
Organization: Solitary or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: no coins, no goods, 50% items
Alignment: CE
Advancement: By character class

Er'orcs are a race of orcs bred by the evil high elf Cérion 'the fallen' by crossing orcs with boars. The er'orcs where to be used as a weapon against Cérions former clan. The experiment created a race of physically powerfull beings, that unfortunatly for Cérion proved to be severly lacking in the intelligence department and having extremely chaotic natures. So he decided to release them into the wild. This inadvertly brought about his goal, by the time he finally assaulted his old home, the settlements defenses where severely worn down by constant assaults by his released creations.

An Er'orc resembles an unusually large and powerfully built orc, with a pair large tusks jutting up from it's lower jaw. Their furry and tough skin is a muddy brown color and their eyes are yellow.

Er'orcs are to dumb to speak, and communicate with grunts and howls. They can be learned to understand simple commands in other languages though.

Combat:
Er'orcs may be incredibly dumb, but they compensate this with an almost animal-like cunning and a ferocity so great that they make barbarians envyous.
Ferocity (Ex): An Er'orc is such a ferocious fighter that it continues to fight even when disabled or dying without penalty.
Feats: Er'orcs get the Alertness and Track feats as bonus feats.

Er'orc Society:
Er'orc Society is an oxymoron, it is quite simply non existant. Er'orcs live on the lowest level of the civilization ladder, being unable to do other things than fight, reproduce, hunt, and sleep. Not necesserilly in that order. Er'orcs are incredibly stupid, and if it wasn't for the fact that they breed faster than goblins they would have been wiped out a long time ago. Instead their numbers seem to be increasing. They do not understand the concept of armor (or clothing for that matter), but have taken to using scavenged weapons in combat, preferring greataxes, which they wield with great glee.

Er'orc Characters:
Er'orc favor the barbarian class, and almost all Er'orcs are barbarians, mostly because most Er'orcs are to stupid to learn another class.
If a player against all common sense would want to play an Er'orc, their ECL is +3

DM's Tips:
Combining the Er'orc with the half-fiend template brings your players a new definition of the word pain.

Comments are as always wellcome :D

Later,

las

First Post
Ok let me see this.
Str +4, Dex +0, Con +4, Int -6, Wis -2, Cha -6

Is that right man there so dome theal kill you even if you are there freind (They for got that you were there friend).

This looks gust plain mean.:)

Krishnath

First Post
That was the whole point. They're dumb, they're a failure, but they are resiliant, and they breed faster than goblins, often getting four to eight small ones a year. (Fortunatly, only about half of their offsping survive the first year.)

On a side note, they where created with erica's (D&DChick's) hybrid template.

Krishnath

First Post
I think you can find it either on these boards or in the Creature Catalog itself. But I really don't think I have the authority to send it to anyone, sorry.

Devon

First Post
Krishnath: were the Tar'orcs created as a hybrid?

I'm noticing the (b) notation near feats now -- I suppose I should pick up MM2...

- Devon

Krishnath

First Post
Devon: No they wheren't. They're just mean...:D So what do you think? they're going to be part of the PDF that Magus Darkholme is compiling. (along with several other of my creations...)

Devon

First Post
I think the Tar'orcs are pretty nice, and I like the Er'orcs as an idea.

I wonder if the Er'orcs should instead advance by hit dice instead of character class, since they are supposed to be almost completely barbaric. I don't know, I'm on the fence about that one.

But that's an issue of numbers. They are both great ideas, and I think they'll do well.

- Devon

Remove ads