• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Order of the Bow Initiate: Ranged Precision

Fenrik

First Post
Can an Order of the Bow Initiate (Complete Warrior, pg 68) use a full attack action with his Ranged Precision ability?

mikebr99

Explorer
Fenrik said:
Can an Order of the Bow Initiate (Complete Warrior, pg 68) use a full attack action with his Ranged Precision ability?
Sorry... no. It specifically states that it is a std. action.

Welcome by the way!

Mike

atom crash

First Post
IIRC the description specifically states that an OotBI can only use Ranged Precision when he fires a single arrow per round. So he could use it with the full attack action, if and only if his full attack action results in a single shot.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
atom crash said:
IIRC the description specifically states that an OotBI can only use Ranged Precision when he fires a single arrow per round. So he could use it with the full attack action, if and only if his full attack action results in a single shot.

No, it says he can take a standard action to fire a single arrow. It's not the attack action (hence no Shot on the Run) and it's not a full attack action.

-Hyp.

atom crash

First Post
I clearly remembered the single arrow stipulation but not the standard action. And sadly, I'm at work and don't have handy access to the book.

Random Hero

First Post
Nope...

Hypersmurf said:
No, it says he can take a standard action to fire a single arrow. It's not the attack action (hence no Shot on the Run) and it's not a full attack action.

-Hyp.

Hypersmurf is right, this is how it is written...

Wonko the Sane

First Post
Actually, it says:

"As a standard action, an initiate may make a single precisely aimed attack with a ranged weapon..."

So this means that you can use the Manyshot feat in conjunction with this to get more lumber in the air, although the extra +xd8 only applies to one arrow. I also see no reason to deny the use of the Shot on the Run feat, since the feat requires you to use the "attack action" with a ranged weapon.

My 2 cents Canadian.

hazardjsimpson

First Post
Even Better....

And one thing to note is that Manyshot only allows you to apply the precision based damage once, for the first arrow of the batch.

However, Greater Manyshot, from the Exp. Psionics Handbook, allows you to use Precision Damage per each arrow. So, with Greater Manyshot and Ranged Precision, you can fire multiple arrows at multiple targets, adding ranged precision damage, as a standard action.

Whooooeee! Now that's some arrow loving. That's exactly why my Archer build (Ftr 10/Wiz 1/Oob2/Arcane Archer 1/) Uses Point Blank Shot, Manyshot, Rapid Shot, Improved Rapid Shot, Greater Manyshot, and Ranged Precision.... I have extreme flexibility with the bow, and nothing is cooler than tagging 3 opponents with an extra d8 damage and STILL getting a move action?

Oh yeah, sign me up.

-Hazard

Wonko the Sane said:
Actually, it says:

"As a standard action, an initiate may make a single precisely aimed attack with a ranged weapon..."

So this means that you can use the Manyshot feat in conjunction with this to get more lumber in the air, although the extra +xd8 only applies to one arrow. I also see no reason to deny the use of the Shot on the Run feat, since the feat requires you to use the "attack action" with a ranged weapon.

My 2 cents Canadian.

shilsen

Adventurer
Wonko the Sane said:
Actually, it says:

My 2 cents Canadian.
IDHMBIFOM, so I can't be sure, but I seriously doubt that Manyshot and Ranged Precision can be used together. Each requires its own standard action, so they shouldn't work in conjunction.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads