• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Order of the Bow Initiate's Ranged Precision & Manyshot

Thomas Percy

First Post
I have Order of the Bow Initiate's Ranged Precision ability
and
Manyshot feat.
Is it possible to use both these abilities simultaneously?
(both are standard actions)

And when I will do it,
I can:
- empower ONE arrow of a few Manyshot arrows with Ranged Precision additional damage?
- empower ALL arrows I will shoot as Manyshot with Ranged Precision additional damage?

Thanks for help.

Sithobi1

First Post
No. They both take standard actions. That's like asking if you can try to Disarm and Trip in one standard action, or cast a spell and attack in one action.

Darklone

Shilsen, is that you? (avatar pic ;))

Both abilities have their use, especially considering DR, so don't think both are wasted.

shilsen

Adventurer
Darklone said:
Shilsen, is that you? (avatar pic ;))

*turns his head* Yes, yes - of course, it is.

Sithobi1 said:
No. They both take standard actions.

What he said.

That's like asking if you can try to Disarm and Trip in one standard action, or cast a spell and attack in one action.

I don't know about the first, but a duskblade can do the latter.

DarkKestral

First Post
Darklone said:
Weapon of spell storing :D?

Actually, I believe it's a class ability. AFAIK, at a certain point, they gain the ability to cast one of their spells as part of an attack action. This effectively means they can attack AND cast non-quickened spells as part of the same turn.

shilsen

Adventurer
DarkKestral said:
Actually, I believe it's a class ability. AFAIK, at a certain point, they gain the ability to cast one of their spells as part of an attack action. This effectively means they can attack AND cast non-quickened spells as part of the same turn.

You're right. That's what I was referring to, since Sithobi1's post made it sound as if attacking and casting as one action is ludicrous, and that's precisely what the duskblade channeling ability allows them to do. It's not even that they're on the same turn but that they are specifically one action.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads