• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Order of the Stick, #550

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
MarkB said:
I've just had a weird theory.

What if the MitB is D&D 4th Edition - lurking in the darkness for many months, the subject of furious speculation and extensive packaging, now getting some spotlight time as the hype builds up until finally, in a month or two, it is released fully-formed into the light!

Makes sense.

I find this comic to be emotionally touching as well as informative!

I find O-Chul's relationship with MitD to be touching.

It also explains how O-chuls survived all that time. Friendship and Beefstew can go a long way to help a guy keep his sanity.

Felix

Explorer
MarkB said:

What if the MitB is D&D 4th Edition - lurking in the darkness for many months, the subject of furious speculation and extensive packaging, now getting some spotlight time as the hype builds up until finally, in a month or two, it is released fully-formed into the light!
4th Edition will season our broken corpses with nutmeg? Or will it bathe itself with our blood, lavender gel and a loofa?

Gosh, I don't want either of those.

Orius

Legend
MarkB said:

Ha, that is funny.

So, Monster-San is learning Go? And quickly? Is it a lot smarter then we might have expected?

It continually amazes me how well stick-figures can be used to convey emotions and relations. The highlight is still Roy meeting his brother, but this scene was also very touching...

Slife

First Post
MarkB said:

I've seen that speculation on the giantitp forums as well.

Merkuri

Explorer
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
So, Monster-San is learning Go? And quickly? Is it a lot smarter then we might have expected?

That may have just been flattery. The basics of Go are easy to learn, but actually getting a grasp of strategy is hard, so O'Chul may just be trying to encourage MitD so he doesn't give up.

Remove ads