Order of the Stick: Why isn't it going 4e?

What sane person gives a flyings rat's entrails? Seriously. It's a comic with a few stat jokes thrown in, not a comedic player's guide to Dungeons & Dragons.
You must be new to the internet :D

I tend to agree with the "story over rules-jokes" crowd, and think OotS is better for moving away from what it started as.

The fact we're discussing a webcomic about stick figures in a fantasy game world says alot about the job the Rich has done.

No one ever claimed that OOTS was going to be exactly what you wanted it to be forever.
But... but... I read every strip! I bought the books! Does Rich want to destroy all those precious memories, make all that investment for naught? Why does he hate me? :.-(

;)

I don't think Rich needs to convert OotS to 4e...

...Now, this does leave things open for a new OotS-style comic set in 4e...
I am not sure I am actually interested in a non-OotS-like story. But that's always the case when I have to think about a successor to something still going on...

phloog

First Post
If he converted to 4e, I believe he would be legally required to destroy all 3rd edition comics within 90 days, and he would not be able to produce any new 3.5 cartoons.

He would also have to declare that jokes about Attacks of Opportunity are no longer funny, and would have to staple a rabbit to his pelvis.

This GSL is pretty harsh.

(since someone mentioned lawyers)

Negflar2099

Explorer
I wouldn't be angry or upset if Rich stayed with 3.X. I just think the jokes seem stale and he still makes tons of rules jokes. They are still funny (after all his jokes about ThAC0 are still funny) but it's just I wish he would make the switch.

I guess this all got wrapped up in my general dissatisfaction with the direction the strip has headed in recently. Every time it looks like the old Order of the Stick I loved would come back it's been derailed by something. :.-(

Remove ads