Original Creations Compilations (contributions welcome)

VBMEW-01

First Post
I didn't get any further than compiling them. Still working on color and formatting when I left off. I'll see if I can throw you a ground zero version together this weekend, seems fair enough since you've been waiting for a while now.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Okay, I couldn't take care of the website thing since I didn't have the ability to use Dreamweaver. But, in my continued effort to help with this project, I will definitely be glad to update information in the OCC's. I have office 2007 and if you could point me in the direction of a pdf maker (i'll search those listed here) I'll start the updating process. With my time schedule, I could easily update these most nights and catch up on anything during my weekends (mon/tue). Let me know if that'll be okay with you and feel free to email me any helpful information (the .doc files maybe?).

you can email k g lusing @gmail .com(sans the spaces) and I'll pick up the files and start after work tonight if that's fine with you.

____
Also, here is a sample paragon class I was writing up: The Acolyte of the Skin

Paragon Path: The Acolyte of the Skin
Prerequisites: Arcane, Divine, or Primal power source (assuming the prereqs can be met with feats or multiclassing for other sources).

You have made deals and promises to devils that you may or may not intend to keep. Regardless, one has granted you power unimagined. All you need do now is wait for the change to be complete.

Acolyte Path features

Fiendish Action (11th): When you spend an action point to gain an additional action, you deal fire damage to enemies within 3 squares of you equal to 1 + your Int, Wis, or Cha modifier.

Fire Ruby (11th): You place a small gem on the ground that enemies are compelled to go after and even fight one another over.

Dire Consequences (16th): ....

I'll finish this when I get done at work. Let me know.

Last edited:

VBMEW-01

First Post
Here you go bud. It is a big set of files so I zipped it as best I could. I have included both the pdfs and original versions.

I am available here or in a gmail conversation for any help you might need. I hate to hand it off, there's a certain pride in the task for me, but life won't allow any other recourse.

Thank you

Kenneth White

:1: EDIT-couldn't get your email to work. Mine is Hezakial@gmail.com for you or any others who need or want to contact me.
:2: EDIT-I tinkered with a wiki for a bit earlier, and this is an example: http://occhome.pbwiki.com/Egolephant-Level+8+Elite+Brute+700+xp
:3: EDIT-I'm having trouble uploading the zip to my host. I'll keep trying. UP NOW

Last edited:

malcolm_n

Adventurer
No worries at all man; it'll still be here when you're ready to take back the reigns. :)

With that in mind, I'll begin updates tonight and make sure that everything is square. Also, i'll be looking into a wiki site which we would be able to edit (no software required) without trouble. That way authors can fix their stuff on the fly. No guarantee on time there, but I'll be vigilant in finding something.

VBMEW-01

First Post
Awesome. Then for this evening I will devote myself to studying the third OSI Layer and the joys of Networking (50 pages to review before Sunday and who knows what'll be on the test.) Let me know if you need ANYTHING. It's our project, all of us, and I am willing to play a part here and there, as needed.

That One Guy

First Post
I couldn't sleep...

I started working on some house rules for feats that'd make the low-level powers more fun... since I remember reading that feats would do that. I went overboard. And buried myself in the ocean floor. Bad extended metaphor, but here we go...

[SBLOCK]
(Disclaimer: there are usually multiple ways to fulfill pre-reqs for feats. Dunno' how people'll feel about that, but I like it. Some of these may be a tad too powerful, but I did try to make most of them at least somewhat balanced)

(In retrospect: Sorry for the lack of flavour. I know they need some serious fluff to describe them, especially Demoralizing Cruelty. Sorry)

For Clerics...[SBLOCK]
NATURAL EMBRACE
Tier: Heroic
Prerequisites: Healing Word Class Feature, and (Elf or trained in Nature)
Benefit: A Healing Word allows an ally to roll an immediate Save.
Special: This feat does not stack with similar feats and cannot be taken multiple times.

BURNING RADIANCE
Prerequisites: Must have an attack power that deals Radiant damage.
Benefit: Radiant damage may add +1 Fire Damage.
Special: This feat can only be taken twice having its effects stack.

RADIANT SOUL
Prerequisites: Must have Lance of Faith or Priest's Shield Powers.
Benefit: The Power Bonus granted by Lance of Faith and/or Priest's Shield increases by +1.
Special: This feat does not stack with similar feats and cannot be taken multiple times.
[/SBLOCK]

For Paladins...[SBLOCK]
ETERNAL TOUCH
Prerequisites: Lay on Hands class feature.
Benefit: A use of Lay on Hands gives the target +(Your Wisdom Mod) Temp HP.

DIVINE EMPOWERMENT
Prerequisites: Paladin's Channel Divinity Class Feature
Benefit: A Channel Divinity used to help an ally offers them a +2 Power bonus on their next attack roll.

SAVING GUARD
Prerequisites: Safeguard Smite Power.
Benefit: A Safeguard Smite may shift the ally who obtained the AC bonus one square towards you. If they are adjacent to you after the use of this power and have a remaining use of Lay on Hands, you may use it as a Free Action.

Yeah, that one's a bit awkwardly worded, but I hope it makes sense.

THE QUICK AND THE DEAD
Prerequisites: On Pain of Death power.
Benefit: The save to stop On Pain of Death's ongoing power is made at -2.

(At this point, unless a feat specifically says it can be taken multiple times, just assume it is designed to be taken only once...)
[/SBLOCK]
For Rangers...
[SBLOCK]
EXTRA CAREFUL STRIKE
Prerequisites: Careful Strike power.
Benefit: If you don't move or shift during the turn that you use Careful Attack, it deals the damage mod that would normally be associated.

This works under the assumption that Careful attack does in fact take the damage bonus and instead add it to the hitting attack roll. If I'm incorrect..... yeah.

FOOT STRIKE
Prerequisites: Nimble Strike power.
Benefit: A successful Nimble Strike causes the enemy hit to be Slowed (Save Ends).

INSURED STRIKE
Prerequisites: Split the Tree power.
Benefit: If your Split the Tree daily power hits one target, but misses the other, the missed target takes damage equal to half of the damage dealt to the hit target. If both targets are missed, deal half damage to one target.

DEVIL'S CUNNING
Prerequisites: Hunter's Quarry Class Feature, Fox's Cunning Power.
Benefit: Fox's Cunning can be used as an interrupt against your Quarry.
[/SBLOCK]

For Rogues...
[SBLOCK]
ABSOLUTE DEFTNESS
Prerequisites: Deft Strike power.
Benefit: Using the Deft Strike power, you may choose to move none to three squares. Also, you have a +1 Power bonus to Defenses against the enemy hit.

BLOODLETTING
Prerequisites: Piercing Strike power.
Benefit: A successful Piercing Strike makes that enemy Vulnerable:2 to you until the end of your next turn.

TRIPPING SHOVE
Prerequisites: Positioning Strike power, Strength:15.
Benefit: Positioning Strike forces the enemy to make an immediate save or fall prone.

Yeah, not the greatest... but still handy. Even if dwarves have like... two chances to not go down.

DEMORALIZING CRUELTY
Prerequisites: Torturous Strike, Charisma:13, Intelligence:13.
[/SBLOCK]

For Warlocks...
[SBLOCK]
PAINSHOCK CURSE
Prerequisites: Warlock's Curse class feature.
Benefit: When a Warlock's Curse is first placed on an enemy in an encounter, it suffers ongoing 1 damage (Save Ends). This damage does not trigger the 1d6 associated with the Warlock's Curse.

Painshock is written so as to not be uber-spammable (I mean, if a dude makes the save, it can't be hit w/ it again), but at the same time, a Warlock could stuff all his actions into throwing down... WoW-term here... dots. I don't think it'd be an effective method of controlling, but I think it'd add a little spice and damage.

FELL FLAME BLAST
Prerequisites: Eldritch Blast power, and (Tiefling or Infernal(?Demonic?) pact)
Benefit: Your Eldritch Blast may deal Fire damage. If chosen, it also deals +1 damage.

I mean, race must be Tiedling, or the person must have an infernal (I've seen it called Demonic in places... is that what it's called?) pact.

SUFFERING MADNESS
Prerequisites: Painshock Curse.
Benefit: When Curse of the Dark Dream is sustained, it deals 1 Psychic damage.
[/SBLOCK]

For Wizards...
[SBLOCK]
CHOKING HAND
Prerequisites: Mage Hand cantrip.
Flavour: With practice, you have learned to turn an innocuous cantrip into a tool of intimidation
Benefit: If Mage Hand is sustained, you may make an Int vs. Fort attack. If successful, it deals ongoing 1 nonlethal damage, and gives the wizard and his (or her) allies a +2 intimidation bonus against all creatures within Burst 5.
Special: For the ongoing 1 nonlethal damage to continue, the attack must be sustained choking the enemy. Once the attack roll is successful, it does not have to be rerolled to continue choking the individual. If the choking stops or the Mage Hand is no longer sustained, another attack roll must be made.

TWICE FOCUSED
Prerequisites: Arcane Implement Mastery:Wand of Accuracy.
Benefit: You may use Wand of Accuracy twice in an encounter, or once against all targets in an area of effect.

DIVIDED MISSILES
Prerequisites: Magic Missile Power.
Benefit: Instead of attacking one target, you may attack two targets w/ Int vs. Reflex (must be within 5 squares of each other) dealing 1d4 + Int Force damage.

WEAKENING ORB
Prerequisites: Force Orb Power.
Benefit: A successful Force Orb attack makes enemies hit Weakened until the start of your next turn.
[/SBLOCK]
[/SBLOCK]

That should be a good start... I've got like a page+ of fighter feats (a bunch of which are Eladrin-oriented... apparently I was in an Eladrin swordsman mood at the time) and a bunch of random skill-based/race-based feats. If these seemed mostly good for homebrewed games, I'll post them. I know they're not all balanced, but they're meant to add a little spice to the classes and features/powers known.

Last edited:

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Okay; gonna be a bit of back log while I plow through what we have and what needs to be accomplished. But, I have tuesday set aside to get done with everything up to today. With that in mind, I'll pretty much update as I can with Tuesday being the day for the big push each week.

BTW, good work on those, I'll go through and read them more in depth in just a bit, maybe throw some ideas. Keep in mind I will make suggestions, but I can promise you that no changes will be made without consent of the authors. :)

That One Guy

First Post
malcolm_n said:
BTW, good work on those, I'll go through and read them more in depth in just a bit, maybe throw some ideas. Keep in mind I will make suggestions, but I can promise you that no changes will be made without consent of the authors. :)

Heh... uhh... consent pretty much given? As long as they're not made more powerful. I'm very much afraid that they're too powerful as is, but I've only played one demo game of 4e, so I'm totally unsure. I guess if things're going to be compiled later, I may as well go crazy and throw down everything I've got, huh? I suppose if there is a clarification issue (I do word things poorly often enough), I'll try to help...

now to make another seriously long post...

malcolm_n

Adventurer
That One Guy said:
Heh... uhh... consent pretty much given? As long as they're not made more powerful. I'm very much afraid that they're too powerful as is, but I've only played one demo game of 4e, so I'm totally unsure. I guess if things're going to be compiled later, I may as well go crazy and throw down everything I've got, huh? I suppose if there is a clarification issue (I do word things poorly often enough), I'll try to help...

now to make another seriously long post...
I hope i didn't imply anything with my post. I will make no changes, only educated suggestions on the forum. Nothing will be placed in the OCC except in it's author's form. If you update a class, post what updates you made here and I'll change them; but when you read the OCC, it'll look like the last iteration did on the board. Hope that clears things up.

Also, VB, I find myself hanging without where to start. Is there a page on the thread I should pick up from? I combed the OCC's and they all look to be in order at the moment except for stuff posted within the last 48 hours.

That One Guy

First Post
Etc. Feats...

...you'll know what I mean.

[SBLOCK]
SUCKER BET
Prerequisites: Trained in Stealth and Bluff
Benefit: If you miss on an Opportunity Attack, deal 1/2 Dex Mod damage.
Special: If trained as a Rogue Artful Dodger, may deal 1/2 Cha Mod damage.
Special: If trained as a Rogue Brutal Scoundrel, may deal 1/2 Str Mod damage.
Special: This Feat does not trigger the effect of the Fighter's Combat Superiority.

POWER RUSH
Prerequisites: Trained in Athletics and Endurance.
Benefit: When charging, add +1 to damage and attack rolls, and +1 to squares moved.

TUMBLER'S TRICK
Prerequisites: Dex:17, and Trained in Acrobatics.
Benefit: While moving and not wearing heavy armour, add +1 to all defenses.

NATURAL HEALER
Prerequisites: Trained in Heal and Nature.
Benefit: Heal Checks you perform are at a DC lowered by 3.
Special: Once per turn, and no more than two times/encounter, as a move action you may Heal an adjacent conscious ally, allowing them a Healing Surge w/ a +2 bonus.

The combat healing special thing is really not as powerful as a cleric, and it cannot be used on an unconscious/dying character... so I didn't think it was too powerful.

FAMILIAR FOE
Prerequisites: Wis:14, Hunter's Quarry Class Feature.
Benefit: Gain a +2 Feat Bonus to hitting your Quarry. Also, gain a +2 to Defenses against attacks from your Quarry.

PACIFYING STRIKE
Prerequisites: Trained in Diplomacy and Heal.
Benefit: A foe hit by your basic attack stays at 0 hp. They do not fall unconscious or begin to die. They are stunned (Save Ends). If they fail their first save, they are dazed, slowed, and weakened; suffer a -2 to all defenses, attacks, and cannot use powers. These penalties can be removed through healing of any type. If the afflicted creature does not receive aid in 5 minutes, it falls unconscious w/ -1 hp, but stabilized for one hour.

I have no idea how under or over-powered this is. If it seems too strong, can it. I just think this type of thing'd be useful for more role-play oriented PCs.

SPELLPOWER FEINT
Prerequisites: Capable of using Spells, trained in Arcana and Bluff.
Benefit: Up to twice per encounter, when using a spell roll a bluff check against an enemy's passive insight. If successful, gain a +2 to the Attack roll.
Special: If targeting a group of enemies, choose one that you gain the benefit against.

WAIT-A-SECOND
Prerequisites: Trained in Streetwise and Bluff.
Benefit: Gain a +2 on passive Insight versus Bluff.
Special: This sense of being grounded gives a +1 bonus to Will Defense versus Charm and Compulsion effects.

ZEALOTRY
Prerequisites: Trained in Religion and Intimidation.
Benefit: Twice per day you can work yourself up into a zealous fervor, add +2 to Religion and Intimidation checks for five minutes.
Special: If capable of using Channel Divinity, for one encounter/day all numeric values relating to Channel Divinity Damage or Bonuses is +1.

I dunno' if it should be an encounter per day, or once per an encounter... but I imagine the zealous fervor thing should last for a few rounds in combat terms. If it needs to be nerfed, so be it.[/SBLOCK]

If I feel up to it, I'll add the kajillion fighter feats I thought of.
*Posted them.

Last edited:

Remove ads