Original Creations Compilations (contributions welcome)

That One Guy

First Post
malcolm_n said:
I hope i didn't imply anything with my post. I will make no changes, only educated suggestions on the forum. Nothing will be placed in the OCC except in it's author's form...
Don't worry. What I meant is that I highly respect the opinions of others. I was just suggesting some rules to apply to the feats I made to save time... but I imagine if something terribly hurts my sensibility, it'd be easier to fix in the forum, ne? Sorry for the miscommunication, I hope you guys (and gals...? Don't want to assume gender) keep on rocking.

That One Guy

First Post
Here We Go...

After playing a fighter, and hearing that different races of fighters would feel differently, I decided to make a... lot... of fighter-oriented feats.

[SBLOCK]
GENERAL FIGHTER-ORIENTED FEATS

KNOCK BACK RUSH
Tier: Heroic
Prerequisites: STR:13, CON:16
Benefit: When using a successful Bull Rush, you may force the enemy back a number of squares up to your Strength mod. You automatically shift in that foe's direction a corresponding number of squares.
Special: Tide of Iron can now push the target (Your strength mod) square(s) if it is your size, smaller than you, or one size category larger. You can shift into any of the spaces that the target occupied.

Something useful, and possibly over-powered to get the ball rolling.

LEAPING ATTACK
Prerequisites: STR:14, DEX:13, Passing Attack power.
Benefit: When using Passing Attack, you may shift 1 + (1/2 your Dex Mod) squares.

POLE OF IRON
Prerequisites: STR:14, Tide of Iron power.
Requirement: Must be using a reach weapon.
Benefit: You may use Tide of Iron to target an adjacent enemy with a reach weapon, even if you do not have a shield equipped. Tide of Iron now pushes the foe 1+(Your weapon's reach) squares. You do not shift when using Tide of Iron in this fashion.

DWARF-ORIENTED FIGHTER-ORIENTED FEATS
[SBLOCK]
STOIC CLEAVE
Prerequisites: Dwarf (or Con:16, Weapon Focus:Hammer), Cleave power.
Requirement: Must be using an axe, club, hammer, or pick.
Benefit: When using Cleave, deal Con mod damage to an additional foe.
Special: If there are no other adjacent foes, deal STR+CON mod to the one adjacent foe.

I know... it's a bit powerful. It's a minion-killer and borders on control... but I think that's okay because it doesn't over-power the control side or remove the fighter's defender side.

COMPETENT DEFENDER
Prerequisites: Dwarf (or Con:15)
Benefit: If you do not move, shift, or use a power that involves you moving or shifting, gain a +2 feat bonus to AC, and a +1 bonus to Attack rolls.
[/SBLOCK]

HUMAN-ORIENTED FIGHTER-ORIENTED FEATS
[SBLOCK]
DIVERSE FOCUS
Prerequisites: Human (or take Weapon Focus twice for two different weapons).
Requirement: After each time you rest, choose two weapons you possess.
Benefit: The two weapons you chose have a +1 feat bonus to Attack rolls (this can stack with other feat and power bonuses).

INGENIOUS TAUNT
Prerequisites: Human (or Int:15 and Cha:15), Fighter's Combat Challenge Marking Feature.
Benefit: A fighter's mark you bestow an enemy with gives that enemy 1 damage extra with the attack that marked it.
Special: Once per encounter, you can make a taunting mark. This doubles the penalty for attacking other targets to a -4 (Save Ends).
[/SBLOCK]

HALF-ELF-ORIENTED FIGHTER-ORIENTED FEATS
[SBLOCK]
PARLAYING HAND
Prerequisites: Half-Elf (or Cha:15, and trained in Diplomacy), Fighter's Challenge Marking Feature.
Requirement: Must have one hand free.
Benefit: You may place a Fighter's Mark against a target at range of 6. This is a Cha. vs. Will attack. If it is successful, the enemy is aware that you would prefer to communicate peacefully, but if there is a fight - you are its opponent.

The description borders on fluff... hope that's okay.

ELVEN BOWTRAINING
Prerequisites: Elf, or Half-elf raised in elven society (or Dex:18)
Benefit: Gain a +1 bonus to hit with longbows and shortbows. If you are now considered proficient with both longbows and shortbows.
Special: Elven Bowtraining will stack with Weapon Focus and similar feats that improve Attack rolls with a bow.

I could really see a ranger taking this one, actually...
[/SBLOCK]

ELF-ORIENTED FIGHTER-ORIENTED FEATS
[SBLOCK]
ELADRIN BLADETRAINING
Prerequisites: Elf.
Benefit: You are not so far removed from your Eladrin cousins as to forget swordplay. You have access to any blade or sword related feats in which Eladrin is a prerequisite. You are now considered proficient with longswords and shortswords.
Special: If you were already proficient with longswords and shortswords, choose one, and automatically obtain weapon focus with that one.

The auto-feat combo thingy is wonky to me too... but I didn't know how to make this feat not worthless. I know that's not saying much for it. But, the way I look at it, the person takes the feat as a nonfighter and can now use some swords (with access to some groovy feats). If they take it as a fighter, then it's like taking weapon focus and gaining access to some feats.

AIMED CLEAVE
Prerequisites: Elf (or Dex:15, Wis:15)
Benefit: On a hit, Cleave may now: 1[W]+ Dex damage, and an enemy adjacent to the target takes Dex damage.
Special: If Elven Accuracy was used to hit, deal +2 damage to both enemies..
Special: If Elven Precision was used to hit, deal an extra +2 damage to one of the enemies.
[/SBLOCK]

HALFLING-ORIENTED FIGHTER-ORIENTED FEATS
[SBLOCK]
THE HANDS OF MEN
Prerequisites: Halfling
Benefit: You may wield weapons suitable for human-sized humanoids.

This is a lame feat because I don't think halflings actually have to deal with the small weapons issue in 4e. If they don't, then it should be changed to...
Benefit: Your strikes can be exceptionally devastating. On critical hits, add +1/2 your strength mod damage.
Hopefully that won't be over-powered.

MARSHRUNNER
Prerequisites: Halfling (or Dex:16, trained in Acrobatics, and familiar with Halfling society)
Benefit: When using attacks that allow you to shift, you may shift into difficult terrain.
[/SBLOCK]

TIEFLING-ORIENTED FIGHTER-ORIENTED FEATS
[SBLOCK]
SCHADENFREUDEN
Prerequisites: Tiefling (or Evil-aligned).
Benefit: Once per encounter either on a critical hit or when you put an enemy to bloodied with a melee weapon, you may immediately use a healing surge w/ a bonus equal to your strength mod.

I originally called that one sadism... but decided the whole German word thing'd work.

BRUTALITY
Prerequisites: Tiefling (or Evil-aligned, and Cha:14).
Benefit: Once per encounter, when you put a foe to bloodied with a melee weapon, you may make an immediate Followup Basic attack w/ a +2 to Hit, and +Your charisma mod to damage.

Yes, an unarmed attack would count... sooo... Battlemages could use these abilities too. But, I think fighters'd benefit from them the most and the most often.
[/SBLOCK]

DRAGONBORN-ORIENTED FIGHTER-ORIENTED FEATS
[SBLOCK]
DRAGON HEART
Prerequisites: Dragonborn.
Benefit: Once per encounter, when reduced to bloodied, immediately use a healing surge w/ a bonus equal to your charisma mod.
Special: This can be taken by a non-dragonborn if they have ever consumed at least a mouthful of a dragon's heart.

BLOOD OF TACTICS
Prerequisites: Dragonborn (or Int:16)
Benefit: Up to twice per encounter, a push, pull, or slide that would not normally provoke an opportunity attack from you does.
[/SBLOCK]

I will willingly admit that I created far too many Eladrin fighter feats.

ELADRIN-ORIENTED FIGHTER-ORIENTED FEATS[SBLOCK]

SURE BLADE
Prerequisites: Eladrin (or Dex:13, Int:13)
Requirement: Must use a Longsword.
Benefit: When using a daily power, add +2 to the Attack roll and damage. If it critically hits, add +1d6 as well.

LONGBLADESMEN
Prerequisites: Eladrin (or Weapon Focus:Longsword, Int:14)
Benefit: Encounter powers that have a Weapon requirement that you fulfill with a longsword gain +2 to hit(on top of any other similar bonuses). Also, on critical hits they deal +2 damage.

FEYBLADE FOCUS
Prerequisites: Eladrin (or Dex:15, Int:15 and trained in History), Longbladesmen, and Sure Blade.
Benefit: Whenever you use a longsword, you gain a +2 bonus to hit with at-will powers and basic attacks. Also, all basic attacks deal +2 damage.
Special: Longswords are High Crit for you.
Special: This feat stacks with all similar feats.

FEYBLADE DEFENSE
Prerequisites: Eladrin (or Dex:16, Int:17), Feyblade Focus
Benefit: As long as you do not use a shield, or wear heavy armour, you may add both your dex and int mods to AC and reflex.

MASTER OF THE FEYBLADE
Prerequisites: Eladrin (or Dex:17, Int:17), Feyblade Defense
Benefit: As long as Feyblade defense is active, you may substitute Dex or Int for Str (ths includes in fort defense, attack/damage rolls, and even skills).

I think the number of feats needed to get Feyblade defense and Master of the Feyblade justify their power.[/SBLOCK]
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Suggestions for feats

That One Guy said:
[sblock]

For Clerics...
HOLY EMBRACE
Your connection to your deity is deeper than most and it shows in the blessings you provide your compatriots.
Prerequisite: Healing Word Class Feature
Benefit: The target of your Healing Word may make an immediate saving throw.

BURNING RADIANCE
A little flint thrown in with your prayers could hurt somebody.
Benefit: Your powers with the Radiant Keyword deal +1 Fire Damage.
Special: You may take this feat twice. Its effects stack.

RADIANT SOUL
Through practice and strict focus, you've improved your skill at helping others.
Prerequisites: Lance of Faith or Priest's Shield Power
Benefit: The power bonus granted by your Lance of Faith and Priest's Shield powers increases by +1.

For Paladins...
ETERNAL TOUCH
Your divine touch not only heals wounds, but also grants your friend the gift of your god's blessing.
Prerequisites: Lay on Hands class feature
Benefit: The target of your Lay on Hands power gains your Wisdom modifier in temporary HP.

DIVINE EMPOWERMENT
Your divine gifts are channeled through the might of your sword arm.
Prerequisites: Channel Divinity Class Feature, Str 14
Targets: One ally
Benefit: The target of your Channel Divinity gain a +2 Power bonus on their next attack roll.
Special: This feat does not stack with similar feats and cannot be taken multiple times.
Put this way, this will ensure the paladin usually takes advantage of the feat, but it also doesn't completely ignore the occasional warpriest.

IMPROVED SAFEGUARD SMITE Feat Power
Dedication has paid off. You can now better harness your ability to defend allies.
Prerequisites: Safeguard Smite. You may use either power once per encounter, but not both.
Encounter • Weapon
Standard Action
Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Charisma vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Cha damage.
Effect: An ally within 5 squares gains a bonus to AC equal to your Wisdom modifier until the end of your next turn. Pull that ally one square. If he is adjacent to you, you may use your Lay on Hands class feature as a free action.

THE QUICK AND THE DEAD
Prerequisites: On Pain of Death power.
Benefit: The target of your On Pain of Death power takes a -2 power penalty to his saves vs. the ongoing damage.

For Rangers...

EXTRA CAREFUL STRIKE Feat Power
Prerequisites: Careful Strike
At-will Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Ranged
Special: You cannot move or shift during the round in which you use this power.
Attack: Ranged + Dex vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] +Dex damage

Hampering Strike
Prerequisites: Nimble Strike power.
Benefit: The target of your Nimble Strike is slowed (save ends) on a successful hit.

Graze the Leaves Feat Power
Even as your intended targets watch the arrows split toward them, they still watch to see if the other gets hit.
Prerequisites: Split the Tree power. You may use either power once per day, but not both.
Daily Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Ranged
Targets: Two creatures within 3 squares of each other.
Attack: Ranged +4 vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Dex damage
Miss: Half Damage
I was pretty sure they updated this to not make 2 rolls and just get +4 instead. I edited this with that in mind. If it is still 2 rolls, let me know and we can change it back.

DEVIL'S CUNNING
Prerequisites: Hunter's Quarry Class Feature, Fox's Cunning Power.
Benefit: Fox's Cunning can be used as an immediate interrupt against your Quarry. If your quarry doesn't have reach, its attack misses.

For Rogues...

Protective Deft Strike Feat Power
Prerequisites: Deft Strike
At-will Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee or Ranged
Requirement: You must be wielding a crossbow, light blade, or sling.
Special: You can move up to 3 squares before the attack.
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Dex damage and once per encounter you can gain a +1 power bonus to defenses against the target until the beginning of your next turn.

BLOODLETTING
Prerequisites: Piercing Strike power.
Benefit: The target of your Piercing Strike gains Vulnerability 2 to your attacks until the end of your next turn on a successful hit.

TRIPPING SHOVE
Prerequisites: Positioning Strike power, Strength 14
Benefit: The target of your Positioning Strike makes an immediate save or falls prone on a successful hit.
Brutal Scoundrel: Your target takes a penalty to the save equal to your strength modifier.
Strength 14 means you're not wasting a point in raising strength just to get a feat you'll trade in at 11th level. This also gives the Brutal Scoundrels reason to take the power.

DEMORALIZING CRUELTY
Prerequisites: Torturous Strike, Charisma:13, Intelligence:13.
??

For Warlocks...

NERVE-WRACKING CURSE
Prerequisites: Warlock's Curse class feature
Benefit: Once per enemy per encounter, the target of your warlock's curse takes ongoing 1 damage (save ends).

FEL-FLAME BLAST Feat power
Benefit: Your eldritch blast may deal fire damage instead. If you are a Tiefling or have the Infernal Pact class feature, you gain +1 fire damage.

No reason to limit the fire, just make the bonus conditional.

SUFFERING MADNESS
Prerequisites: Nerve-wracking Curse.
Benefit: When Curse of the Dark Dream is sustained, it deals 1 Psychic damage to the target.

For Wizards...

CHOKING HAND Feat Power
Prerequisites: Mage Hand cantrip.
Flavour: With practice, you have learned to turn an innocuous cantrip into a tool of intimidation
At-will Arcane Conjuration, Force
Target: One Creature
Attack: Int vs. Fort
Hit: 1 nonlethal force damage and you and your allies gain +2 Intimidate vs. enemies in line of sight to the target.
Sustain Minor: as hit.

TWICE FOCUSED
Prerequisites: Arcane Implement Mastery
Benefit: You may use your Arcane Implement Mastery twice in one encounter, or once against all targets in an area of effect.

TWIN MISSILES Feat Power
Prerequisites: Magic Missile Power.
At-will Arcane Force, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 20
Targets: Two creatures within 5 squares of each other
Attack: Int vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d4 + Int force damage

WEAKENING ORB
Prerequisites: Force Orb Power.
Benefit: The target of your Force Orb attack is weakened until the start of your next turn on a successful hit.

[/sblock]
Just a few changes in wording, but all of them work as they were inferred to.

VBMEW-01

First Post
all but 3 were uotodate. O didn't get Keterys', Fitz's FFF, or Ryuken Angel's Final Fantasy Stuff done.

Everything prior to my last post, save for that stuff, is added (unless my humanness prompted a slip)

Hope that helps

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Let me know what you think of these functional rewrites here and above like 2 posts. Comment on which you wanna keep as written or which you want to update and i'll get them in tonight.
That One Guy said:
...you'll know what I mean.

[SBLOCK]
SUCKER BET
Prerequisites: Trained in Bluff
Benefit: Your opportunity attacks deal 1/2 Str, Dex, or Cha mod damage on a miss.
The fighter's combat superiority only happens on a hit, so no problem here. Also, it's not too powerful to allow this feat to anybody trained in bluff, since it only deals 1/2 the modifier imho.

POWER RUSH
Prerequisites: Trained in Athletics and Endurance.
Benefit: When charging, add +1 to damage and squares moved.
you already gain a +1 to attack; another +1 may be too powerful.

TUMBLER'S TRICK
Prerequisites: Dexterity 17, Trained in Acrobatics
Benefit: While moving and not wearing heavy armour, add +1 to all defenses.
So, is this meant to be a bonus only against OA's from moving? Or is it supposed to be +1 when you've moved in a round?

NATURAL HEALER Feat Power
Encounter, Healing
Minor Action, Melee Touch
Prerequisites: Trained in Heal and Nature.
Target: One conscious ally
Special: You may use this power twice per encounter; but only once per round.
Check: Heal DC 12
Success: The target may spend a healing surge and gain 2 additional HP.
As an encounter power, you can use this twice per short rest, thus gaining all the benefits of your original write-up.

Favored Enemy
Prerequisites: Wisdom 14, Hunter's Quarry Class Feature.
Benefit: Gain a +2 Feat Bonus to hitting your Quarry. Once per encounter, as an immediate interrupt, you gain a +2 to defenses against attacks from your Quarry.
Correct me if i'm wrong, it looks like you're harkening back to 3.5 with this. So, for your consideration, maybe change the name and lower the bonus a tad. As a heroic tier feat, +2 attacks and defenses is powerful no matter how narrow you make the requirements.

PACIFYING STRIKE
Prerequisites: Trained in Diplomacy
Benefit: If an enemy you strike would be reduced to under 0 hit points, it is reduced to 0 and unconscious instead. You may wake the creature freely for interrogation. A successful heal check (DC 5) returns the creature to 1 hp.

I see what you're trying for here, and though it's a little clunky, it can be done purely with a roleplay aspect. I would think in 4e the player could say they'll pull their punch and just keep the enemy where they can question it. I would allow it as a dm, anyway, but for those who wouldn't, this works.

SPELLPOWER FEINT Feat Power
Encounter Arcane
Minor Action Ranged
Prerequisites: Trained in Bluff.
Target: One creature within line of sight
Check: Bluff vs. Passive Insight
Success: You gain a +2 to attack the target with your next spell.

WAIT-A-SECOND
Prerequisites: Trained in Streetwise and Bluff.
Benefit: You gain a +2 feat bonus to Passive Insight against Bluff checks and a +1 Will versus Charms and Compulsions.

ZEALOTRY
You can work yourself up into a zealous fervor.
Prerequisites: Trained in Religion and Intimidate.
Benefit: Once per day, as no action, you gain a +1 feat bonus to all damage and benefits granted by your Channel Divinity class feature. This bonus lasts until the end of the current encounter.
Out of Combat: Once per day, for five minutes, you may add +2 to Religion and Intimidate checks.

again, I like where you're going with the roleplay aspect of the feats. That said, unless there's a specific situation where having +2 religion for more than 2 checks is relevant, this is just like saying you always get +2 to these. It's the same as adding 4 levels to two skills. the above is toned down a bit, while upholding the spirit of the power.[/SBLOCK]

If I feel up to it, I'll add the kajillion fighter feats I thought of.
*Posted them.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Here's the last group of suggested changes in wording. Again, I kept the powers functionally identical unless otherwise noted. Let me know what you think and I'll move all of these to the occ in whichever way you choose. Thx by the way for all the great feats. These are gladly accepted and I only hope they all get to see play in the future.

That One Guy said:
After playing a fighter, and hearing that different races of fighters would feel differently, I decided to make a... lot... of fighter-oriented feats.

[SBLOCK]
GENERAL FIGHTER-ORIENTED FEATS

IMPROVED BULL RUSH
Prerequisites: Strength 14
Benefit: A successful Bull Rush pushes the target back a number of squares equal to your Str modifier. You must move with the target.
Special: This benefit applies to the Tide of Iron and Spear Thrust powers as well.

The name change helps to clue others into why they'd take it.

LEAPING ATTACK
Prerequisites: Dexterity 14, Passing Attack power.
Benefit: When using Passing Attack, you may shift a number of squares equal to 1 + 1/2 your Dex modifier.

The double stat requirements make the feats too narrow, imo. They're not so powerful that one required score won't do the trick. Also, 14 required instead guarantees at least a 2 square shift.

Spear Thrust Fighter Attack 1
At-will Martial, Weapon
Standard Action, Melee
Requirement: You must be using a weapon with reach.
Special: You may use this power even if you are within one square of the target.
Attack: Melee vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Str damage and you push the target a number of squares equal to your weapon's reach +1 if it is your size, smaller, or one larger. You can shift into the space that the target occupied.

This works exactly the way your wording of Pole of Iron was meant to and is accessible as a feat (through fighter training) to other classes if they wanted it.

DWARF-ORIENTED FIGHTER-ORIENTED FEATS
[SBLOCK]
STOIC CLEAVE Feat Power
Prerequisites: Dwarf, Cleave power.
At-will Martial, Weapon
Standar Action, Melee
Requirement: Must be wielding an Axe, Hammer, or Pick.
Hit: 1[W] + Str damage and one enemy adjacent to you takes damage equal to your Constitution modifier.

This is a succinct way of putting it. any one enemy next to you (including the target) takes the damage at your choice. For giving up a feat and a power (by taking Cleave to start) I would hope you get some added benefit. Also, if it's gonna make a dwarf different, it probably shouldn't let any toughie take it.

COMPETENT DEFENDER
Prerequisites: Dwarf
Benefit: In any round in which you do not move, you gain a +2 feat bonus to AC, and a +1 feat bonus to Attack rolls.

This kinda promotes standing around, which is 4e blasphemy to some. I like it, though.
[/SBLOCK]

HUMAN-ORIENTED FIGHTER-ORIENTED FEATS
[SBLOCK]
DIVERSE FOCUS
Prerequisites: Human
Requirement: After each time you rest, choose two weapons you possess.
Benefit: The two weapons you chose have a +1 bonus to Attack rolls.

hmm, greater weapon focus for any two weapons I choose just because I'm human? Hello longsword and bow. :); oh and unnamed bonuses stack with everything.

INGENIOUS TAUNT
Prerequisites: Human, Combat Challenge class feature.
Benefit: Creatures marked by you gain Vulnerability 1 to your attacks.
Special: Once per encounter, a creature marked by you takes a -4 penalty to attack other targets instead of the normal -2(Save Ends).
[/SBLOCK]

HALF-ELF-ORIENTED FIGHTER-ORIENTED FEATS
[SBLOCK]
PARLAYING HAND
Prerequisites: Half-Elf, Fighter's Challenge Marking Feature.
Requirement: Must have one hand free.
Benefit: You may place a Fighter's Mark against a target at range of 6 squares. This is a Cha. vs. Will attack. If it is successful, the enemy is aware that you would prefer to communicate peacefully, but if there is a fight - you are its opponent.

except for the nonrace requirements, I really like this one

ELVEN BOWTRAINING
Prerequisites: Half-elf
Benefit: You are proficient in the use of Longbows and Shortbows.

Because you're a half-elf, you get two free weapon proficiencies with one feat. If you later gain proficiency through class, just trade the feat for something else.
[/SBLOCK]

ELF-ORIENTED FIGHTER-ORIENTED FEATS
[SBLOCK]
ELADRIN BLADETRAINING
Prerequisites: Elf.
Benefit: You gain proficiency in Longswords and Shortswords and count as an eladrin when choosing sword-related feats. If you were already proficient in these weapons, you instead gain a +1 bonus to attacks made with them.

AIMED CLEAVE Feat Power
Prerequisites: Elf
At-will Martial, Weapon
Standard Action, Melee
Hit: 1[W]+ Dex damage, and an enemy adjacent to the target takes Dex damage.
Elven Accuracy: +2 Damage to both targets
Elven Precision: +2 damage to one target
[/SBLOCK]

HALFLING-ORIENTED FIGHTER-ORIENTED FEATS
[SBLOCK]
THE HANDS OF MEN
Benefit: You can wield medium weapons without penalty
OR
Benefit: Attacks you make vs. larger enemies gain +2 damage on a critical hit.

ROFL, this was awesome when I read it. Monkey grip specifically for halflings. Awesome.

MARSHRUNNER
Benefit: When using attacks that allow you to shift, you ignore difficult terrain.
[/SBLOCK]

TIEFLING-ORIENTED FIGHTER-ORIENTED FEATS
[SBLOCK]
SCHADENFREUDEN
Prerequisites: Tiefling
Benefit: Once per encounter, either on a critical hit or when you bloody an enemy, you may immediately use a healing surge w/ a bonus equal to your Str modifier as a free action.

nothing wrong with naming it Sadism; but meh.

BRUTALITY
Prerequisites: Tiefling
Benefit: Once per encounter, when you bloody an enemy with a melee attack or power, you may make an immediate Followup Basic attack w/ a +2 to Hit, and +Your Cha modifier to damage.[/SBLOCK]

DRAGONBORN-ORIENTED FIGHTER-ORIENTED FEATS
[SBLOCK]
DRAGON HEART
Prerequisites: Dragonborn.
Benefit: When you are bloodied for the first time in an encounter, you may immediately use a healing surge w/ a bonus equal to your charisma mod.
Special: This can be taken by a non-dragonborn if they have ever consumed at least a mouthful of a dragon's heart.

Interesting role-play aspect there. I doubt a dragonborn would look kindly on somebody who could do this.

Tactically Minded
Prerequisites: Dragonborn or Intelligence 15
Benefit: Up to twice per encounter, you can make an opportunity attack against creatures subject to a push, pull or slide.
[/SBLOCK]

I will willingly admit that I created far too many Eladrin fighter feats.

ELADRIN-ORIENTED FIGHTER-ORIENTED FEATS[SBLOCK]

SURE BLADE
Prerequisites: Eladrin
Requirement: Must use a Longsword.
Benefit: Your sword counts as a +1 weapon when using daily powers. If it is already magical in nature, increase its bonus by +1 when using daily powers instead.

I like the whole +1 weapon in an eladrin's hands concept. And, it's exactly how you described it with a little more flavor.

LONGBLADESMEN
Benefit: Your sword counts as a +1 weapon when using encounter powers. If it is already magical in nature, increase its bonus by +1 when using encounter powers instead.

FEYBLADE FOCUS
Prerequisites: Longbladesmen or Sure Blade
Benefit: Longswords you wield count as +1 weapons. If they are already magical in nature, increase their bonus by +1 instead.

Reduced the requirement here a bit only because as it was, it'd really hamper trading feats at new tiers.

FEYBLADE DEFENSE
Benefit: As long as you do not use a shield or wear heavy armour, you may add both your Dexterity and your Intelligence modifiers to AC and reflex.

MASTER OF THE FEYBLADE
Prerequisites: Eladrin, Feyblade Defense
Benefit: As long as Feyblade defense is active, you may substitute Dexterity or Intelligence instead of Strength when making attacks, skill or ability checks.

While the original number of feats required has greatly been reduced, this feat is still reasonable in that it just replaces str as a stat. With that in mind, I still couldn't see using it to change Fortitude. You can't be faster or smarter than disease. Up to you, though. [/SBLOCK]
[/SBLOCK]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Thanks for taking over, Malcolm! I will add a bunch of monsters soon. Can you let me know where things are at with my book? No pressure, I appreciate everything.

Fitz

malcolm_n

Adventurer
FitzTheRuke said:
Thanks for taking over, Malcolm! I will add a bunch of monsters soon. Can you let me know where things are at with my book? No pressure, I appreciate everything.

Fitz
Your book.... Um, sure. Oh, that one, yeah, It's coming along. Sorry, I know vb was working on that next but I was looking at everything else to make sure it's up to date. Since it is, I'll get right on that.

That One Guy

First Post
Ye Olde huge response...

[SBLOCK]
First off, thank you for giving so much lovely fluff to these feats and reformatting them. Awesome job.

malcolm_n said:
Hampering Strike
Prerequisites: Nimble Strike power.
Benefit: The target of your Nimble Strike is slowed (save ends) on a successful hit.

Graze the Leaves Feat Power
Even as your intended targets watch the arrows split toward them, they still watch to see if the other gets hit.
Prerequisites: Split the Tree power. You may use either power once per day, but not both.
Daily Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Ranged
Targets: Two creatures within 3 squares of each other.
Attack: Ranged +4 vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Dex damage
Miss: Half Damage
I was pretty sure they updated this to not make 2 rolls and just get +4 instead. I edited this with that in mind. If it is still 2 rolls, let me know and we can change it back.

DEVIL'S CUNNING
Prerequisites: Hunter's Quarry Class Feature, Fox's Cunning Power.
Benefit: Fox's Cunning can be used as an immediate interrupt against your Quarry. If your quarry doesn't have reach, its attack misses.

For Rogues...
I did enjoy foot strike... but only because it brought up fond memories of Soul Calibur. Graze the Leaves works, and has a totally BA name. Devil's Cunning works. You have some formatting issues w/ the code, but that is easily curable.

Did I... oh man. Sorry about demoralizing cruelty...
A successful Torturous Strike gives enemies adjacent to the target -1 to attacks against you until the start of your next turn.
I like Painshock, but Nerve-Wracking does have a better flavour for what it does.

malcolm_n said:
TUMBLER'S TRICK
Prerequisites: Dexterity 17, Trained in Acrobatics
Benefit: While moving and not wearing heavy armour, add +1 to all defenses.
So, is this meant to be a bonus only against OA's from moving? Or is it supposed to be +1 when you've moved in a round?
Right... poorly worded. It should just be a bonus against Opportunity Attacks. But does that seem a bit underpowered for the pre-reqs? If so... have it go the other way.

malcolm_n said:
Favored Enemy
Benefit: Gain a +2 Feat Bonus to hitting your Quarry. Once per encounter, as an immediate interrupt, you gain a +2 to defenses against attacks from your Quarry.
Correct me if i'm wrong, it looks like you're harkening back to 3.5 with this. So, for your consideration, maybe change the name and lower the bonus a tad. As a heroic tier feat, +2 attacks and defenses is powerful no matter how narrow you make the requirements.

I guess the +2 being just a +1 makes sense. I like the defense always being on, but if that seems too powerful keep it as an immediate interrupt +2. Also, the inspiration was that I can't get the idea of making a Ranger variant called Swashbuckler out of my mind and the idea I was rolling with was one where the Swash could 'duel' in a way one person. With that in mind... perhaps a Feat called focused hunt...

FOCUSED HUNT
Benefit: Gain a +1 Feat Bonus to hitting your Quarry.
Special: You may gain a +2 to defenses against attacks from your Quarry. At the same time, all other enemies gain a +2 to hit you.

...dunno' if that works, but it jives more with what I had in mind.

malcolm_n said:
LEAPING ATTACK
Prerequisites: Dexterity 14, Passing Attack power.
Benefit: When using Passing Attack, you may shift a number of squares equal to 1 + 1/2 your Dex modifier.

The double stat requirements make the feats too narrow, imo. They're not so powerful that one required score won't do the trick. Also, 14 required instead guarantees at least a 2 square shift.

I thought 4e had stats differently... 9&10=+0,11&12=+1,13&14=+2, etc. But, I just double-checked and it appears I was incorrect. Ah well... 14 it is!
At first I didn't like the new version of Stoic Cleave until I reread it... now I like it.
Go ahead and drop Parlaying Hand's one free hand jazz... it is too 3.x thinking in a way, isn't it?
I'm glad you enjoyed THE HANDS OF MEN.
Schadenfreuden worked for me because of the whole Tiefling name originating w/ German.
Yeah... nondragonborn who use Dragon Heart will have a very awkward moment w/ nearby dragonborn.
malcolm_n said:
MASTER OF THE FEYBLADE
Prerequisites: Eladrin, Feyblade Defense
Benefit: As long as Feyblade defense is active, you may substitute Dexterity or Intelligence instead of Strength when making attacks, skill or ability checks.

While the original number of feats required has greatly been reduced, this feat is still reasonable in that it just replaces str as a stat. With that in mind, I still couldn't see using it to change Fortitude. You can't be faster or smarter than disease. Up to you, though.
Alas, You are correct. If only. If only. But seriously, it would only make sense being that powerful if there was some darn good fluff and heavy pre-reqs going with it. As is, all of your changes to the Eladrin feats work... although I still sort of want one of them to be able to make Longswords high crit weapons. Maybe Master of the Fey Blade because it no longer allows one to outsmart illness. But... if you think it's too powerful, then just nix the high crit idea.

[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads