Original Creations Compilations (contributions welcome)

Delgar

First Post
Human Bandit Minion Level 1 Minion
Medium Natural Humanoid XP 25
Initiative +1 Senses Perception +1
HP A minion dies when hit by an attack that deals damage.
AC 13; Fortitude 11, Reflex 11, Will 11; Speed 6
m Short sword (standard; at-will) • Weapon +4 vs. AC; 3 damage.
r Dagger (standard; at-will) • Weapon Range 5/10; +4 vs. AC; 2 damage.
Alignment Any Languages Common.
Skills Stealth +3, Thievery +3, Athletics +3.
Str 12 (+1) Dex 12 (+1) Wis 12 (+1).
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 10 (+0).
Equipment leather armor, light shield, short sword, dagger

VBMEW-01

First Post
Gods! You are a busy one. Its added to my to-do list for this evening. I gotta get though as the wife is shooting daggers from her oh-so-lovely eyes.

Delgar

First Post
Just some simple ideas I tossed about. I'm not sure how balanced they are although I welcome any comments.

VBMEW-01 said:
Gods! You are a busy one. Its added to my to-do list for this evening. I gotta get though as the wife is shooting daggers from her oh-so-lovely eyes.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Here's my Sand Dragon. Previously posted as a Young Flightless Yellow Dragon. This is one of my "Land Dragons" who have no wings. It's breath weapon is acutally "Extreme Heat" and not really fire, but I didn't want to create another damage type.

Young Sand Dragon Level 3 Solo Lurker
Large Natural Magical Beast (Dragon) XP 750
Initiative +10 Senses Perception +8; Darkvision
HP 200 Bloodied 100; see also Bloodied Breath
AC 20 Fort 17 Ref 18 Will 16 Resist 10 Fire
Speed 7 Burrow 7 Saving Throws +5 Action Points 2
m Bite (standard; at-will Melee)
Reach 2; +9 vs. AC; 1D6 + 2 damage
m Claw (standard; at-will Melee) Reach 2; +7 vs. AC; 1D4 + 2 damage.
M Double Attack (standard; at-will) The dragon makes two claw attacks.
M Bite, Shake, & Throw (standard, recharge 3 4)
The dragon can make a bite attack, AND roll +7 vs Fortitude, 2D6 +2 AND slide the
target 4 squares, AND leave the target prone.
M Tail Slash (immediate reaction, when a melee attack misses the dragon; at-will)
The dragon uses its tail to attack the enemy that missed it; reach 2; +7 vs. AC; 1D6 + 3 damage, and the target is pushed 1 square.
C Breath Weapon (standard; recharge 5 6) * Fire
Close blast 5; +6 vs. Reflex; 2D4 + 3 damage, and the target takes ongoing 5 fire damage and takes a -2 penalty to AC (save ends both).
Bloodied Breath (immediate reaction, when first bloodied; encounter) * Acid
The dragon's breath weapon recharges automatically, and the dragon uses it immediately.
Frightful Presence (standard; encounter) * Fear
Close burst 5; targets enemies; +4 vs. Will; the target is stunned until the end of the dragon's next turn. Aftereffect: The target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls (save ends).
Skills Nature +8 Stealth +10
Alignment Evil Languages Draconic
Str 16 (+4) Con 16 (+4) Dex 18 (+5) Int 14 (+3) Wis 14 (+3) Cha 10 (+1)

I'll be posting a new monster every day or two, and I'd love to get 'em PDF'd, thanks!

Fitz

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Oh and here's my updated Egolephant. I upped it to level 8.

Egolephant Level 8 Elite Brute
Large Natural Beast XP 700
Initiative +6 Senses Perception +8
HP 220 Bloodied 110 Speed 8
AC 19 Fort 21 Ref 14 Will 19 Action Point 1
m Tusk Maul (Standard, At-Will)
+12 vs AC; 3D6+5 damage AND push the target 1 square
M Trunk Slap & Grab (Standard, At-Will) Reach 2
+12 vs AC; 1D10+5 damage AND slide the target 2 squares AND the target is immobilized
M Trample (Standard, Recharge 4, 5, 6 use when charging)
+12 vs Ref, 1D8+5 damage to every smaller creatures in line of movement AND may end the charge with a Tusk Maul Attack
C Mind Blast (Standard, Recharge 3, 4) Close Burst 2
+9 vs Will, 1D8+3 psychic damage AND target is Staggered until the end of the Egolephant’s next turn
Telepathic
May communicate silently with allies in immediate area, line of sight is not necessary.
Alignment Unaligned Languages Common
Skills Endurance +14, History +11
Str 20 (+9) Con 20 (+9) Dex 7 (+2) Int 11 (+4) Wis 14 (+6) Cha 16 (+7)

Clight101

First Post
The Bot stuff isn't quite done as I'm trying to puzzle out how to work a familiar/animal companion type into this class to make it balanced and not over powering but you can build a tinker as a Gadget guy currently. I'm working on it for my new 4e campaign so I thought I'd share it since someone posted a Gnome.

I also apologize for any typos or grammar errors

Tinker

"Just give me a second to get my ratchet out. A little twist here and a crank there. Alright, now lets see if this ray gun works on you."

CLASS TRAITS

Role: Controller. You use your gift as an inventor and your knowledge as a tinkerer to create and use devices to blow up, destroy, hold down, slow, and generally cause mayhem to your enemies.

Power Source: Tech. Your talents depend on your extensive tinkering with gadgets, studying tech blueprints, and inventing devices.

Key abilities: Intelligence, Dexterity

Armor training: Leather
Weapon Proficiencies: Wrench, Ray gun, Bomb, Light Hammer

Bonus to defense: +2 Will

Hit Points at 1st Level: 10 + Constitution score
Hit Points per Level Gained: 4
Healing Surges: 6 + Constitution modifier

Trained Skills: Tinkering (Intelligence) plus any three from the class list below.
Class Skills: History (Intelligence), Dungeoneering (Wisdom), Insight (Wisdom), Perception (Wisdom), Diplomacy (Charisma), Streetwise (Charisma)

Build Options: Bot Builder, gadget user
Class Features: Tinker Focus, Repair Machine, Tinker weapon talent, Build gadget.

Tinkers are creative individuals who have a love of machines and gadgets. They build things to help society as well as building things for use in war. They use whatever power source they can get their hands on for their devices from magic to steam to souls for some of the more morally challenged Tinkers out there.

When in battle you use the devices you've created to combat whatever problems may arise. You may throw a bomb to blow up your enemies, blast them with a ray to slow them down or squirt the floor with an oil slick to cause your enemies to fall to the ground.

As a Tinker others think of you as being strange as you build devices that seem to fly in the face of all that is reasonable. People are more understanding of magic than they are of your inventions. Still you could be an eccentric living on the outskirts of a society that doesn't understand you, maybe you are part of a think tank of Tinkers coming up with inventions and have left with knowledge of devices that has you marked for death. You could be a genious that powerful people want to work for them, someone who wants the world to know there name for the inventions they build.

TINKER OVERVIEW

Characteristics: Your gadgets give you the ability to control the battle field. Using them you can damage, slow down, push around, and position your enemies where you want them. You can also build devices that you or your friends can use.

Religion: Tinkers prefer deities of luck and ingenuity.

The Bot builder and Gadget user are the two Tinker builds,
one relying on the Bot he builds by customizing it, the other on building more gadgets and being able to use them with more precision and efficiency. Intelligence, Dexterity, and Wisdom are the Tinker's most important ability scores.

Bot Builder
You like powers that enhance your Bot to do more than a normal Tinkers bot could. Your bot is more durable and deadly acting in a defender role while you direct it in combat. You support it by controlling the battle field with the other devices you have at your disposal.

Gadget User
You enjoy having as many devices as possible on you. They can do anything from blasting a group of enemies into cinders to cloaking yourself in a field of warmth that doesn't allow any cold to get through. Not only that but your have a better understanding of how to use certain devices than other Tinker Gnomes.

Tinker Class Features

Tinker Focus
Tinkers generally specialize in certain types tinkering. At this time they either pick Bot building which allows them to build a bot companion or Gadget guy which makes the tinkers gadgets work better.

Choose one of the following options:

Bot Builder: You build a bot to assist you.
Gadget Guy: You can use a gadget that you can only use once per combat a second time in the same combat.

Repair Machine
You can fix machines that have broken with the Tinker skill.

Tinker weapon talent
When you use any weapon with the tech descriptor you get +1 to hit with it.

Build gadget
You can build gadgets to use or let your friends use.

POWERS

The tinker gets to pick two at-will ray guy powers but can only calibrate his gun to use one at a time. A tinker can recalibrate his ray gun during a short rest.

The tinker chooses one encounter power, one daily power, and one utility power.

At - Will

Freeze Ray
Tinker attack 1
You blast an enemy with a cold ray which slows them down.
At-Will - Cold, Tech, Implement
Standard Action
Ray Gun
Requirement: Your ray gun must be calibrated that day to discharge freeze rays.
Target: One Creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex
Hit: 1[W] + Intelligence modifier damage + the creature is slowed until the end of your next turn.

Fire ray
Tinker attack 1
You blast an enemy with a fiery ray which deals a little extra fire damage.
At-Will - Fire, Tech, Implement
Standard Action
Ray Gun
Requirement: Your ray gun must be calibrated that day to discharge fire rays.
Hit: 1[W] + Intelligence modifier damage +3 fire damage

Shock Ray
Tinker attack 1
You blast an enemy with a ray of electricity which stuns your opponent.
At-Will - electricity, Tech, Implement
Standard Action
Ray Gun
Requirement: Your ray gun must be calibrated that day to discharge shock rays.
Attack: Dexterity vs. Fort
Hit: 1[W] + Intelligence modifier damage + Target is dazed until the end of your next turn.

Encounter

Blinding Flash
Tinker attack 1
You pull out a metal rod with a clear crystal on the end of it. When you press the button on the side a bright flash blinds everyone around you.
Encounter - Tech
Standard action, Burst - 2 squares
Target: Each creature in the burst
Attack: Intelligence vs. Fort
Hit: Target is stunned for one round and blinded until a save is made.
Miss: Target is blinded for one round.

Force Grenade
Tinker attack 1
You throw a blue pulsing metal ball which discharges a pulse of force when it hits a surface.
Encounter - Tech, Force
Standard action, range 5 + strength modifier , Burst 1 square
Hit: 2d6 + int damage and target is knocked prone
Miss: half damage
Gadget Guy: Add 'and target is pushed 1 square from center of burst' to hit

Taser
Tinker attack 1
You pull out a thin box that fits in the palm of your hand. When you press a red button on top of it two wire fire from it and sink into your target. You then shock your target as electricity conducts from your box to the target.
Encounter - Tech, electricity
Standard action, close 5
Effect: 2d8 electrical + Int damage and the target is stunned until a save is made.
Miss: nothing
Gadget guy: Saving against stunned is -2

Daily

Walking Bomb
Tinker attack 1
You place a small bomb the size of your fist with mechanical legs on the ground. It takes off into the middle of your enemies until you tell it to blow up.
Daily - Tech, Fire/shrapnel
Standard action, Burst - 1 square
Attack: Intelligence vs Reflex
Effect: Your walking bomb has a speed of 3 squares, AC of 14 plus your Intelligence modifier and blows up if it takes one point of damage. You can command it by verbal remote using a minor action. when commanding your walking bomb, you have two options. You can direct it's movement or you can blow it up.
Hit: 3d8 + Int fire/weapon damage and dazed until target makes a save.
Miss: Target takes half damage and is not stunned
Gadget guy: Bomb has a a speed of 4

Oil Slick
Tinker attack 1
You press a button on your belt and fire out Oil in a strait line in front of you.
Daily - Tech, Implement
Standard action, Blast - 4 squares
Target: Each creature and square in blast
Event: All creatures covered in oil, who begin their turn in an oil square, or who enter the squares must make a save or fall prone.
Condition: The oil can be ignited with one point of fire damage and deals 1d10 fire damage per round. Anyone on fire can spend one round to put it out but doing so gives combat advantage to anyone who attacks you. Anyone standing next to a square that is on fire at the beginning of their turn sufferers 1d4 fire damage. Standing in a fire square at the beginning of your turn or passing through one deals 1d10 fire damage.
Gadget guy: The blast is 5 squares instead of 4

Utility

Bursting Boots
Tinker Utility 1
Your boots have explosive power which allow you to get an extra boost when jumping.
Encounter - Tech
Free action
Personal
Effect: You gain +5 to any check involving you jumping or where a boost from the bottom of your feet would be appropriate.
Gadget Guy: +7 to check instead of the normal +5

Grappling Claw
Tinker utility 1/attack 0
You pull out a hand crossbow with a spool of thin steel wire and a crank attacked to the spool. To top it off it's loaded with a grappling hook.
Encounter - Tech
Standard action
personal
Effect: You can fire your grappling claw 10 squares where it's hooks will then close and grip if possible. You can then use the crank to pull yourself up easily as the pulley system that was built into the spool does all the work for you.

Encounter - Tech, Implement
Standard Action
Hit: 1d4 damage
Effect: Target is grappled by the claw.

Weapons
Ray guns - always Dexterity vs Reflex

Type / + to hit / damage / Range
light raygun / +2 / 1d6 / 10/20
medium raygun / +1 / 1d8 / 15/30
Heavy raygun / +0 / 1d10 / 15/30

Last edited:

VBMEW-01

First Post
You know, I had nearly made up my mind to shun any new classes that were thrown my way, but this guy changed my mind. Very interesting.

I'll write him up as the first in the Class OCC manual, and damn well guarantee that I plan to playtest it, campaign permitting.

Very nice

Try to have it up tomorrow at the latest

Remove ads