• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Original Creations Compilations (contributions welcome)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Skeletons & More Skeletons

Here's a few skellies. (I don't know that a minion is available so I made one. Plus something you can think of as a really, really weak Lich)

Skeleton Minion Level 2 Minion
Medium Natural Animate (Undead) XP 35
Initiative +3 Senses Perception +2, Darkvision
HP Minions die when struck for damage Speed 5
AC 16 Fort 15 Ref 15 Will 15
Immune to Disease, Poison
m Shortsword (Standard, At-Will) * Weapon
+6 vs AC, 3 damage and see Speed of the Dead
Speed of the Dead (Special)
When making an Opportunity Attack the Skeleton Minion gets +2 to attack and deals 5 damage instead of 3.
Alignment Unaligned Languages None
Str 14 (+3) Con 11 (+1) Dex 15 (+3) Int 3 (-3) Wis 13 (+2) Cha 3 (-3)
Equipment Chainmail (in “rags”), Light Shield, Shortsword

Skeleton Pikeman Level 3 Soldier
Medium Natural Animate (Undead) XP 150
Initiative +4 Senses Perception +3, Darkvision
HP 37 Bloodied 18 Speed 5
AC 18 Fort 15 Ref 16 Will 15
Immune to Disease, Poison Resist 10 Necrotic Vulnerable 5 Radiant
m Pike (Standard, At-Will) * Weapon, Reach 2
+8 vs AC, 1D10+3 damage and see below
Bristling Phalanx (Special)
+2 to attack as long as at least one Skeleton Pikeman is adjacent to this one
Speed of the Dead (Special)
When making an Opportunity Attack the Skeleton Pikeman gets +2 to attack and deals +1D6 damage
Alignment Unaligned Languages None
Str 15 (+3) Con 13 (+2) Dex 16 (+4) Int 3 (-3) Wis 14 (+3) Cha 3 (-3)
Equipment Chainmail, Pike

Skeleton Ghost Warden Level 5 Artillery (Leader)
Medium Natural Animate (Undead) XP 200
Initiative +4 Senses Perception +3, Darkvision
HP 50 Bloodied 25 Speed 6
AC 18 Fort 15 Ref 16 Will 15
Immune to Disease, Poison Resist 10 Necrotic Vulnerable 5 Radiant
m Staff (Standard, At-Will) * Weapon
+6 vs AC, 1D8+2 damage
r Bolt of Pain (Standard, At-Will) * Necrotic
Range 20, +6 vs Reflex, 2D4+3 Necrotic damage
R Ghostly Tearing (Standard, Encounter) * Necrotic
A ghost flies out of the Skeleton Ghost Warden and attacks up to 4 targets
Range 10, +6 vs Reflex, 1D8+3 Necrotic damage
A Ghostly Terror (Standard, Encounter) * Fear (the ghost shrieks)
Area burst 1 within 10 squares, +6 vs Will, targets move Speed +2 away and are Dazed (save ends)
Alignment Evil Languages None
Str 13 (+3) Con 13 (+3) Dex 16 (+5) Int 16 (+5) Wis 14 (+4) Cha 3 (-3)
Equipment Robes, Staff, Wand

Please let me know what you think!

Oh, VB, I forgot to give the Skeletal Flayer Immune to Disease & Poison, Resist 10 Necrotic, Vulnerable 5 Radiant, thanks

Fitz

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Great job guys

Read the posts up to here. Looks pretty good to me. I'd like to toss in some things I'd been considering. Feel free to critique.

Black Tentacles
Warlock (Star) Attack 1
A writhing mass of tentacles springs from your target and tries to hinder action.
Encounter Arcane, Implement, Conjuration
Standard Action Ranged 15
Target: One Creature
Attack: Cha vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d4 + Cha damage and target is encumbered (move reduced to 4, save ends)
Sustain Minor: 1d4 damage (save ends)

Scorch
Warlock (Demon) Attack 1
A swath of flame erupts from the ground extending from you to burn your enemy.
Encounter Arcane, Implement, Fire
Standard Action Line 5
Target: All in line (see special)
Attack: Cha vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d6 + Cha fire damage and ongoing fire 5 (save ends)
Special: This attack strikes targets in order from closest to furthest. It stops after the first successful attack.

Forewarn (Feat)
You and your party have practiced this maneuver to near perfection.
Tier: Heroic
Benefit: Your allies get a +2 to all defenses against your powers.

neceros

Adventurer
What system is being used to determine archetype and bonuses from levels for monsters? Are people doing it by estimate?

Clawhound

First Post
One of my players wants to play a barbarian in the next game. So, until we have an actual barbarian class:

Barbarian (Paladin of Rage)

Replace "radiant" damage with strength damage.

Rage: Wade In = Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle

You wade deeper into the fray, dragging your allies with you.

Rage: Adrenalin Surge = Channel Divinity: Divine Strength

Feel the burn.

Talk Trash = Divine Challenge

Your barbed words demoralize your gutless and useless opponents.

Get Your Ass In Gear = Lay on Hands

A quick shove gets your ally back into the fight.

Death Glee = Bolstering Strike

You live for battle.

Bloodlust = Holy Strike

The sight of blood sends you into a murderous frenzy.

Cry Havock = Shielding Smite

Your opponents quake before your onslaught.

On Pain of Death

If something won't die, then you need to hit it harder.

Last edited:

VBMEW-01

First Post
Wow, ya'll have been busy.Lots of stuff for me to add.

I found a decent skeleton for the flayer fitz and its done. It'll be up as soon as I add the new ones (pretty soon I hope, but I gotta get Keterys' stuff done). I'll add the stuff to the flayer now so I don't forget.

Wow I get to finally do a Powers OCC, very nice makes Malcolm, I'll throw them in. As far as critiqueing them goes, we'll have to leave that to others because I have no head for it. They look good though and I'll put them in. Should come one come along and change your mind later, I'll make revisions.

Delgar-lord if I didn't mispell your name. Sorry bout that and know that it's fixed.

Ohe yeah, and good idea for a barbarian :cool:

Last edited:

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Clawhound said:
One of my players wants to play a barbarian in the next game. So, until we have an actual barbarian class:

not to clutter up the thread, but here's something you may consider your friend doing claw. I posted it to my livejournal for my group (in cali) to peruse.

http://malcolm-n.livejournal.com/73260.html#cutid1

It was made with the help/consideration of people on the site here. Now to stay on topic:

Scare
Warlock (All) Attack 1
Your target cannot take its eyes off of you, thinking you are its greatest fear.
At Will Arcane, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 10
Target: One Creature
Attack: Cha vs. Will
Hit: 1d6 + Cha and target takes a -2 to its reflex defense (save ends).
Special: Your target must be able to see you.

Wiman

First Post
VB, this is the first time I've had to peek in here..good job.

Some additional effects I wanted to work on, but really don't have the patience for.

(Race) Slayer - Much as the ranger ability, was thinking gnomes/halflings for kobolds (added +2 attack, +2 damage which ramps up to +5 damage when opponent is bloodied)

Awe - Minor action forces all adjacent enemies to shift back one square...sort of a crowd control ability which I have taken from a Dynasty Tactics game.

(Race) Defender - Escentially a take a blow for an ally of the same race and heal them the same amount in divine (racial deity) favor for the sacrifice...definately a recharge ability / encounter ability. Tried to make it work when I made an attempt at putting together a flind, but in retrospect it just isn't something a gnoll would be comfortable doing....even a LE gnoll.

Hard Pressed Flurry- An all out attack which triggers attacks of opportunity when used but is far more powerful then normal (is not canceled by sucessful AoO's in the 4e tradition). Thinking a +3 to hit and two attacks as opposed to one, the second attack drawing the AoO.

Up the Hill - A charge attack which targets both the primary defender and upon a sucessful hit does splash damage (probably strength modifier akin to the "cleave" ability) to someone directly behind that defender. Sort of a formation buster that I see Orc Raiders using when they fight Hobgoblins. Would probably add that the weapon used must have reach 2, polearms, long long spears etc.

Anyway not much, but something.

VBMEW-01

First Post
Updates

Fitz-look for Monstrous 1.4 in the first thread, your critters are up!

Malcolm N-I'm going to get a new OCC up in a bit for powers and feats (CharacterOCC). Good work on those.

Wiman-welcome aboard, as far as those things go I like them, perhaps you should get with Malcolm or someone to help you flesh them out. I am poor at such things. But ideas are what we are all about here and I am glad to see them.

I am tossing up a 1 page quicksheet for those of us that plan on using power cards for our characters. I'll get around to making a second page as soon as I can.

Anyway if I've left someone out just step up and slap me, I am all thumbs today.

Quick Sheet

EDIT-Here's that Pregen (if Quickleaf or Clight dont like it I will revise) I am including the cards in 2 versions (PDF and DOC) for clarity issues.

Gnome Tinker 1
Cards PDF
Cards DOC

Anyway, just let me know

Last edited:

VBMEW-01

First Post
Neceros-I had no answer there, but I think a lot of it is "best guess" and comparative work.

Malcolm N-The Character OCC is now up, including both feats and powers color-coded for simplicity (I used orange for feats and gray for utilities since no colors have been announced for them, to my knowledge)

EDIT-Well I had to do a couple of quick fixes to CharacterOCC, but now its done.

Wheew!!! I am now up to date!

Last edited:

Remove ads