• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Original Creations Compilations (contributions welcome)

Quickleaf

Legend
The docs are looking good, Ken. Good ideas from everyone.

Working on a Faun PC race. In the meantime, here's a fun bit of magic object wickedness...

FEY HEART KNIFE (Level 3)
Critical: Will save +8 or staggered.
Power (Encounter): Free action. Activate when you hit with this weapon. The target makes a +8 Fortitude save or is staggered one round and acquires the Fey-Touched template the next.

Fey-Touched (template)
Based on Justin D. Gasal’s template from Tome of Troubles 13 November 2002

Sometimes a mortal becomes enchanted by the fey, for example through eating of faerie fruits, not returning to the mortal world within their allotted time, falling in love with a faerie, being deceived by a trickster, or being stabbed with a knife crafted from a faerie's heart. Such mortals may become enspelled by powerful fey, their body, mind, and soul twisted into a pleasing shape and willing slave.

A “Fey-Touched” creatures gains Spell Resistance 5 and the Slave to the Fey, Lost Past, Slow Aging, and Divine Weakness traits:

Divine Weakness: Cannot benefit from divine magic as long as the creature’s soul is owned by the fey, and divine magic overcomes their spell resistance.

Lost Past: The Fey-Touched has lost all memory of a past life before becoming a slave to the fey. If prompted by a visit from someone or something from their past, the Fey-Touched may attempt a Will save to recall one memory.

Slave to the Fey: Thoroughly enchanted by their fey master, the Fey-Touched is willing to do anything including risking their life.

Slow Aging: So as not to displeasure their master, the Fey-Touched has been warped to age 2-5 times slower than normal.

In addition, a Fey-Touched gains one of the following powers:

Alternate Form: (at will, standard action) The Fey-Touched can transform into one specific animal or magical beast within 2 size categories.

Faerie Glamer: (at will, minor action) Gain +10 Disguise

Faerie Messenger: (at will, standard action) The master of the Fey-Touched can imbue them with an arcane or fey power to deliver as a message. Alternately, the Fey-Touched may be a “fey maker”, allowing them to bestow the Fey-Touched template on others through a specific voluntary act (though they may be deceived into taking it).

Greencloak: (at will, minor action) The Fey-Touched can change its coloring and that of its equipment to blend in with natural surroundings, gaining +10 Stealth.

Indistinct Form: (at will, minor action) +4 AC and Reflex save. Also, the Fey-Touched’s face is hard to remember (DC 12 Intelligence check).

Finally, the Fey-Touched may receive one of these curses if it suits the nature of their master:

Dependency: Like a dryad, the Fey-Touched is bound to a particular focus like a grove, a river, or a crossroads. Venturing further than 300 yards from this focus causes the Fey-Touched to become ill and die within 24 hours.

Immaterial: The Fey-Touched is like a ghost to mortals – invisible and intangible.

Warped Form: The Fey-Touched was transformed to more closely resemble a particular beast, animal, or plant (suiting the nature of their fey master).

Water-Bound: The Fey-Touched can breathe underwater but can no longer breathe air and will suffocate if taken from the water. Gains +8 racial bonus to Swim checks.

VBMEW-01

First Post
EquipmentOCC is up and contains your new item Quickleaf. I'll add the template to MonstrousOCC asap. Oh you didn't respond about my use of your gnome in my pregen? Let me know if you mind (its all in the first post of the thread)

malcolm_n

Adventurer
VBMEW-01 said:
Malcolm N-The Character OCC is now up, including both feats and powers color-coded for simplicity (I used orange for feats and gray for utilities since no colors have been announced for them, to my knowledge)
Sounds great. I get to work on these all day at work, so I'll usually post larger adds after (around now) and smaller ones as my night progresses. I love the speculation work, so this has been a real cool thing to contribute to. Also, I'm working things out one class at a time and adding where I feel it's good/safe to do so. i'm on warlock now, but if you want to look at my Barbarian in the above post for consideration as class#2, that'd be awesome too but no pressure of course. fanbased though it may be, this is your baby so i won't push anything here.

Chill Touch
Warlock (Demon) Attack 1
Cold preternaturally extends from your grasp and creeps into the enemy’s bones.
At Will Arcane, Implement, Necrotic
Standard Action Melee Grab
Target: One Creature
Attack: Cha vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d6 + Cha necrotic damage and target slowed until the start of your next turn (save ends).

Starfire
Warlock (Star) Attack 1
A burst of light surrounds the enemy and bursts in a shower of white flame.
At will Arcane, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action Ranged 15
Target: One Creature
Attack: Cha vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Cha radiant damage and ongoing 1 radiant damage (save ends)
Armor Expertise
Tier: Heroic
Benefit: Add the higher of your Dexterity or Intelligence modifier to your armor class when wearing heavy armor.

Armor Efficiency
Tier: Heroic
Benefit: You do not take a penalty to your speed when wearing armor.
Special: Any race with this feature already instead reduces their armor check penalty by 2.

Heavy Armor Master
Tier: Paragon
Requirements: Armor Efficiency or Armor Expertise
Benefit: Add a +1 Feat Bonus to your AC Defense and reduce your armor check penalty by 2.

Heavy Armor Grand Master
Tier: Epic
Requirements: Heavy Armor Master
Benefit: Add half of your Armor Bonus to your Reflex Defense (rounded down) and a +2 feat bonus to your AC (feat bonuses don’t stack).
Worthy of note: A level 22 Dwarf Fighter in Normal Full Plate with Heavy Armor Grand Master gets +2 AC, +4 Reflex (1/2 FP Bonus), and has no armor check penalty (-4 ACP from combined feats, it's not a bonus or a penalty, just a statement and statements stack imho).

FireLance

Legend
neceros said:
What system is being used to determine archetype and bonuses from levels for monsters? Are people doing it by estimate?
Pretty much, at least for me. Archetype is based on my understanding of the terms, which may or may not be the same as the official definition. Bonuses are based on eyeballing against existing monsters and the pre-generated characters.

VBMEW-01

First Post
Character OCC 1.2 is up with your new feats and powers Malcolm. Is Clawhound your alt? I planned on doing the Barbarian info tomorrow (depending on how my first day of college goes).

Anyway, I'll try to get the new template and Barbarian alt info up tomorrow.

Clight101

First Post
VB that tinker sheet is awesome. Pretty cool stuff there. Thanks for doing it up. I'm working on putting together the bot stuff right now and hopefully should have it done in a day or two and posted.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
VBMEW-01 said:
Character OCC 1.2 is up with your new feats and powers Malcolm. Is Clawhound your alt? I planned on doing the Barbarian info tomorrow (depending on how my first day of college goes).

Anyway, I'll try to get the new template and Barbarian alt info up tomorrow.

nope, no alt here. I was actually suggesting he look at it as well for his campaign, maybe tell me if it plays well as a striker/defender hybrid

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Here's a silly one...

Kobold Shackler, Level 2 Lurker
Small Natural Humanoid XP 125
Initiative +4 Senses Perception+2, darkvision
HP 30; Bloodied 15
AC 16; Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 13; see also trap sense
Speed 4 See Clamp Shackles
m Staff (Standard; At-Will) • Weapon
+6 vs. AC; 1D6+3 damage
Clamp Shackles (Standard; Recharge Special) * Weapon
Reach 2, +7 vs Fort, 1D10+1 damage AND target is slowed until shackles removed (see shackles)
If the attack hits, the Shackles drop off the staff and the Kobold Shackler is left with only the Staff attack, and his speed becomes 6. Miss: Recharge as a standard action
Shackles
Reist All 5, HP 20 to break; DC 20 Thievery or 25 Strength to open
Duck & Cover
The Kobold Shackler will flee if he is attacked by range before entering melee. He gains a +2 bonus to AC against range attacks while fleeing in this way.
Shifty (minor, at-will)
The kobold shifts 1 square as a minor action.
Trap Sense
The kobold gains a +2 bonus to all defenses against traps.
Alignment Evil Languages Draconic
Skills Athletics +6, Stealth +10, Thievery +10
Str 11 (+1) Dex 15 (+3) Wis 10 (+0)
Con 12 (+1) Int 6 (-2) Cha 15 (+2)
Equipment leather armor, staff, shackles, ball & chain

The Kobold Shackler carries an odd contraption of a staff with an iron clamp-trap attached to a ball and chain at the end.
The shackler likes to lie in wait for his opponents and clamp them down with his shackles. If he misses with his shackle attack he will shift away and open the jaws of his shackles to try again. If he succeeds in shackling an opponent he will usually leave them to other kobolds to attack, and will often only defend himself with the remaining staff. He has a great fear of ranged attacks, and trains hard to avoid them.

Fitz

VBMEW-01

First Post
Shackles are fun!

Ok I am off to school, try to get some things wrote up this evening. I even have a funny monster I've been tinkering with.

Remove ads