• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Original Creations Compilations (contributions welcome)

Quickleaf

Legend
VBMEW-01 said:
EquipmentOCC is up and contains your new item Quickleaf. I'll add the template to MonstrousOCC asap. Oh you didn't respond about my use of your gnome in my pregen? Let me know if you mind (its all in the first post of the thread)
Feel free to use it, that's what this thread is about. :)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Khuxan said:
I like it! Do the shackles make the person they clamp onto 'slowed'?

Yes! It's the ball & chain attached to basically a bear trap. It drops off the "staff" once it clamps on. Then the Shackler can bash you with his staff or run away to safety and let his archer buddies do you in...

Fitz

VBMEW-01

First Post
Okay, a quick State of the OCC report:

I have added everything that has been posted and restructured a bit for when we leave beta (eventually).

• Both the barbarian variant and Wiman's ideas were placed in the "Options" OCC
  • Character OCC was renamed as "Powers".

This bit will appear in the opening text once we leave beta.

OCC Descriptions
  • Class OCC Contains new classes for 4th Edition.
  • Equipment OCC Contains new (magical and mundane) equipment for 4th Edition.
  • Monstrous OCC Contains new monsters and templates for 4th Edition.
  • Options OCC Contains either options or ideas for new 4th Edition material.
  • Powers OCC Contains new feats and powers for 4th Edition.
  • Race OCC Contains new playable races for 4th Edition.

Anyway that's it for now.

mrrodgers

First Post
here are some powers and things I thought up for an earth elemental 'lock.

Earth Pact(s) (Subject to update)
Earthen Guard- All pull, push, and slide effects move you 1 square less.
Earthbind- An enemy under the effect of your warlock curse moves 1 less square per move action and cannot shift.

Encounter Powers
Dustshot Warlock (Elemental, Earth) Attack 1
A small dust devil flows from your outstreched palms, chasing your opponent and ripping at its flesh and eyes.
Encounter ✦ Arcane, Earth
Standard Action, Ranged
Target: One creature
Attack: Cha vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Cha damage, and the target takes -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn. Then, if the creature is under the effect of your warlock curse, apply the hit effect again. Do not apply your bonus damage from your warlock curse to either effect.

At-Will Powers
Liquid Earth Warlock (Elemental, Earth) Utility 1
You point your wand at the ground and utter a word in the Terran tounge, turning it to liquid.
At-Will ✦ Arcane, Earth, Implement
Standard Action
Target: One square
Effect: The targeted square becomes difficult terrain for three rounds.

Daily Powers
Earth Spike Warlock (Elemental, Earth) Attack 1
A spike of stone shoots up from underneath your opponent, impaling it.
Daily ✦ Arcane, Earth, Implement
Standard Action Ranged
Target: One creature
Attack: Cha vs. Reflex
Hit: 3d8 + Cha damage and the target is unable to move for two rounds.
Miss: Half damage and the target is still able to move.

I'll write more eventually.

Cheers

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Godslayer
All Attack 30
You Can Do It Rock!
Per Campaign, Weapon, Truly Epic
Standard Action Ranged 10
Target: One Deity
Attack: Total Party Cha vs. Fortitude
Hit: You win the game. Congratulations, start a new campaign.
Miss: You lose the game. Seriously, WTH were you thinking using this power? Roll new characters. No, they can't be level 30. No, they don't get gear. I'll also make sure to tell your next dm about you using this so he knows what he has to do also. Better yet, why not just go start playing WoW, because you can't play d&d before. They're going to post your name on the WotC boards so everybody knows not to let you in at their table or face prosecution.
Special: Cookies and milk at my house.

VBMEW-01

First Post
Mr Rodgers that is awesome. I'm gonna put it in the Options OCC for now (problay this evening) until you get done with it.

That's jsut crazy Malcolm,but so is everything else. It'll go into the Powers OCC when I get a chance.

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
You do know that your link to "VBMEW-01's 4E PC Quicksheet" (in post #1) is dead? It just gives a 404 File not Found.

keterys

First Post
Awesome work guys making lots of stuff. Too much to read all of it right now, so I figured I'd pick some randomly and respond to the stuff that stuck out as off to me... everyone who contributed something is already a winner, but let's make sure stuff is good and balanced so folks don't get a wrong idea about 4e, I guess.

Earthbind- An enemy under the effect of your warlock curse moves 1 less square per move action and cannot shift.

You're attaching a serious attack effect to a power that is minor, at-will, and has no attack roll. You're also effectively switching the role of the warlock from striker to controller in one fell swoop.

Dustshot should really just be ongoing damage and penalty (save ends both) instead of an infinite loop of damage while curse is up. Earth spike should probably immobilize and/or slow instead of just saying 'no movement'. Liquid Earth could probably hit a burst 1 and be a zone. Well, and be utility 2 or attack 1, probably.

Overall, I feel like these would be better as part of a controller class, not a striker class. So, an elementalist controller new class, or a themed package of wizard powers, etc.

Good call with Godslayer, but I think it's just 'Campaign' not per campaign, and it's Effect: Cookies and milk, not Special.

I'm more of a punch and pie kinda guy, myself, though.

Ooh, new class (Tinker)... hmm. Cool concept, but I don't think rewriting the power tree is a good idea (all classes getting the same types of powers makes it much easier to balance things, whereas the tinker gets +1 encounter +1 utility, at 1st). Also, lots of autohit 'Effects', which I'm guessing is a mistake (you put stuff that trigger on hits under hit). Like, the at-will frost ray that is clearly better than the wizard version or the autostunning shock ray, whoa. In fact, I think you should remove stun from every single tinker power that has it on there. Autostun on miss is just really broken... autostun on hit is just normal broken. I'd also reformat to make things match 4e standards... so no miss: none, miss: half damage instead of a new die roll. Hit refers to one target and not 'all targets', pushed 1 square not knocked back, etc.

Last edited:

malcolm_n

Adventurer
VBMEW-01 said:
Mr Rodgers that is awesome. I'm gonna put it in the Options OCC for now (problay this evening) until you get done with it.

That's jsut crazy Malcolm,but so is everything else. It'll go into the Powers OCC when I get a chance.
Please tell me you recognize it as an april fool's joke... :D It was never meant to be serious lol

Delgar

First Post
Ol’ Sooty Level 1 Solo Brute
Large animal (Bear) XP 500
Initiative: +2 Senses: Perception +11;
HP 150; Bloodied 75 See also Bloodied Frenzy
AC 19; Fortitude 17, Reflex 14, Will 13
Speed 6, Climb 6
Action points 2
M Bite (standard; at will)
+7 vs. AC; 1d8 + 3 damage, and ongoing 2 bleed damage (save ends)
M Claw (standard; at will)
+5 vs. AC; 1d6 +3 damage
Double attack (standard; at will)
The Bear makes 2 claw attacks
Bear Reflexes (immediate reaction, when a melee attack misses the bear; at will)
The bear uses the enemies opening and swats at the enemy that missed it: +5 vs AC; 1d6 + 3 damage and the target is pushed 1 square and knocked prone.
Maul (standard; recharge 5 6) M bite and claw; +7 vs AC; 2d10 + 3 damage and the target takes ongoing 2 bleed damage and takes a -2 penalty to attacks (save ends both).
Bloodied Frenzy (Immediate reaction, when first bloodied; encounter)
The bear goes into a frenzy when bloodied, +1d6 damage
Demoralizing Growl (standard, encounter) * Fear
Close burst 5; targets enemies: +5 vs. Will; the target is stunned until the end of the bear’s nest turn.
Aftereffect: the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls (save ends).
Alignment: Unaligned Languages: None
Skills: Athletics +10
Str 16 (+3) Dex 14 (+2) Wis 12 (+1)
Con 20 (+5) Int 6 (-2) Cha 10 (+0)

Okay, Okay, I know I just totally WoWified 4E. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads