• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Original Spell Locations: Improved Bull's Strength

Janos Antero

First Post
Anyone know the source on Improved Bull's Strength (and the other buff spells like this)? I found a WotC list that has them on it, but can't recall if/where I've seen them before.

4th level, same duration, d8+2 effect. Someone remember by chance?

Janos Antero

First Post
It's a PDF file entitled WotC spell compendium list. I found it off a website someone posted here awhile back, but now I can't find the original topic, where I got it from, nor a list of what resources this thing uses.

It has spells from Defenders, Manual of the Planes, Magic of Faerun, etc, but nothing more recent, and no spells I've identified from sources outside of WotC.

fba827

Adventurer
Janos Antero said:
Anyone know the source on Improved Bull's Strength (and the other buff spells like this)? I found a WotC list that has them on it, but can't recall if/where I've seen them before.

4th level, same duration, d8+2 effect. Someone remember by chance?

I saw someone "make them up" a while back in the House Rules forum as something for their campaign. As for seeing those spells in a publication, I don't think I have...

Koldrag

First Post
The spell is listet in Green Ronins "pocket Grimoir Divine", but i'm not sure if it is called improved bulls strength. Really powerful spell, d8 + 1/2 caster level enhancement bonus IIRC.

Janos Antero

First Post
Yeah I'm stumped where they came from. They're d8+2 as I listed, 1/hr level duration, and otherwise exactly as the 2nd level counterparts.

The list I have takes from RttToEE, MotP, RoF, DotF, PHB, all the splat books, and no non-WotC sources. Yet these few spells are in the lists, and are the only examples of either house spells or non-WotC spells in the listings. Very odd.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads