Original Star Wars actors to take center stage in new movie

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Well I cant argue with that, but I dunno, it seemed kinda small, if I was going to load up on red matter to stop some star from going supernova, Id want a bigger ship, yaknow?

Why would you want a bigger ship? Star goes nova, turns into a black hole and starts suckin'. You wanna give it more mass to suck? Not a good idea, braj. Spock is a lot smarter than you.

I thought size didn't matter.

Did your mom tell you that? Cuz it's what she told me.

Why would you want a bigger ship? Star goes nova, turns into a black hole and starts suckin'. You wanna give it more mass to suck? Not a good idea, braj. Spock is a lot smarter than you.

Yes, Spock is super smart, thats part of my problem with him just going, oh well.

And I dont think the plan was to turn the star into a back hole, I think he was just going to add enough red matter or whatever to stop the star from xploding, but not actually turn it into a black hole, I mean how would turning it into a black hole helped? Then it woulda just sucked in Romulus and Remus, which wouldnt have solved anything. I dunno though, I guess there are some advantages to having a smaller ship, I just thought it looked goofy, but then I always though Vulcan ships looked goofy, you know who had some cool ships? The Klingons! They could make a ship that fired while cloaked, thats impressive!

delericho

Legend
The timeline change in the movie is a little trickier to unwind than the average such event. Spock can't simply go to the future and re-do things because that future doesn't exist in the present timeline. He'd need to find some way of preventing Nero's ship from being flung back into the past in the first place, and that's not easy to accomplish given that it was flung from an alternate, inaccessible timeline.

Yep. What he'd actually need to do is travel back to just before Nero's ship arrived, make sure the Kelvin wasn't there to be destroyed, and then deal with the ship himself.

Everything else should be fine from there, though - the Trek timeline seems to be quite resilient to 'casual' tampering (see "City at the Edge of Forever", "Star Trek IV", etc), so no need to worry about a perfect clean-up - just make sure the tech and personnel don't get out.

Of course, the real reason for the alternate timeline, and the reason old Spock is cool with it, is that Paramount needed to square the circle - reboot the universe without totally wiping everything (and invoking even more nerdrage than they did). Not sure how old Spock could resolve that one any better, really. :)

Remove ads