Original Star Wars actors to take center stage in new movie

bone_naga

Explorer
I have not been impressed with J.J.'s new Star Trek films. They're fine action movies, but they're not Trek. I have some forebodings about having him take on Star Wars.
I content myself with the fact that it's almost a physical impossibility for him to do worse than Lucas did with the Special Edition or Episode I. If such a thing were to occur, I believe the universe would implode and I would no longer be concerned with it.

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
I suppose it could work, but I'd like to see newer characters taking the stage. I think it's ridiculous how long the original characters have held the spotlight in the books, even ones that take place when Han and Leia are grandparents. Some of the book descriptions have them running and dodging and rolling just like the movies, but I personally picture it being more like Metal Gear Solid 4 where Snake keeps complaining about his back.

ITA.
By bringing back the "Big 3" in more than a cameo role, they're innately inhibiting the audience latching on to the new characters.

Example?
Take the revamp of 90210 from a few years ago. By trying to equally distribute time between the "Old" and "New" cast, they effectively alienated any shred of good will generated. (Though granted, that show suffered from MANY other flaws, as well, but I view it as a sory of "Cautionary Parable" about the new SW.)

Current Carrie Fisher + legendary bikini is not something I want to see ...

Seconded.
Some things, once seen, cannot be unseen....

IM not sure what we're even talking about now, but let me just say. I personally would love to see the original Star Wars actors/actresses featured in the new movie, itd be like a childhood dream, Ive wanted this since 1983 damnit!

On the subject of the latest Trek flick, meh, I didnt like it, I mean it was ok I guess, its just that JJ was so adamant about its his own take on Star Trek, his vision of it or whatever, and instead of actually doing something original, he just rips off Star Trek II:The Best One There Ever Was, except he just switches Kirk and Spock's role.

Slabtown Jake

First Post
Say what you will, but I'm cautiously optimistic about Episode VII. I'm not going to say it's going to recapture all the magic of the original trilogy, but at this point, I'd be perfectly happy if it just got the taste of the prequels out of my mouth.

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
In fact, I challenge anyone to point out something JJA has done that was actually good. Go ahead. Do research. I'll wait.

Putting aisde for a second the fact that opinions are ENTIRELY subjective...

I quite liked both "Felicity" and "Alias", at least in the early going. (And there must be something to it, since they lasted 4 and 5 seasons respectively.)

And he had a helping hand in both "Lost" and "Fringe", at least in the early going.

And I also quite liked the first movie in the ST reboot.

Besides, I'll take "Lens Flares" over the Prequels anyday.

Remove ads