• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Origins or Gen Con

HandofMystra

First Post
This year I think that my 13 year old and I will go to one of the big cons this year. While he plays D&D (he is a 3.5 grognard but willing to give LFR another chance). He is also into computer gaming. He really likes Dexcon (which we cannot go to this year) because of computer LAN gaming. This means that we can both play together and I can play things he does not like while he plays on the computer. At this point, this seems the ideal setup. Do either Origins or GenCon have a computer LAN room?

Crothian

First Post
Gen Con seems to be doing more with Computers. I don't know if they had a LAN room (or the cost), but they did have a lot of computer games in the dealer room. Origins has had a LAN area but it never seemed what I or my friends would call cheap. They might have something more then that but I never really pay attention to the computer games while I'm there.

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
I think Gen Con would be more up your son's alley as far as computer games. A great area in the exhibit hall, and if I recall there was a room set aside for LAN right off the main hall where registration is.

Mixmaster

Explorer
I think Gen Con would be more up your son's alley as far as computer games. A great area in the exhibit hall, and if I recall there was a room set aside for LAN right off the main hall where registration is.

Exactly. It's a shame you both are not going to DexCon; hopefully I'll see you at Indy!!

Remove ads