OrkJager

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Franky, Rnd:1 Init:14 HP: 8/8

Init: 14 (Roll 11 +3 ) AC: 16 Melee: +1 (+0 +0 +1) Ranged: +4 (+0 +3 +1)
Reflex sv: 22 (Roll: 16+6) Will sv: 13 [15] (Roll: 9+4 [+2 vs Fear])

As Franky sees Lindal being ruthlessly mauled by the ravenous plant creature his mind wanders and he thinks to himself "This reminds of the Marrick the Vast and his fell experiments. Marrick was quite the eccentric fellow. He started as well repected druid and was quickly expelled from the Order of the Seven Palms when they found out that he was experimenting in the arcane. As time passed and the druids of the Order watched him they saw him cast great magicks to warp and transform the natural creatures to create powerful servants. It is speculated that the Tendriculous that he was working with was goaded into rebellion by a hidden member of the Order, which resulted in Marrick's death.

I really wish that had some salad spoons....
and some french dressing...
"

Woomp!! ...a rabid vegetarian arm of death whips by his head, pulling Franky from his wandering thoughts. A distant calm is replaced by fear and concern as his mind is pulled into the moment and he thinks "I hope that Dagmar, Koric, and Felicity are not far behind" His child-like eyes look back in the direction from whence they came like a child hoping to see their parents save them from their first day of school, hoping to see the trio coming to save Lindal from death by aggravated salad.

Last edited:

Mr. Prez

First Post
Franky fires his bolt and hits the plant.
Unfortunately, everyone else is trapped in place by the plants that suddenly reach up and entwine around their legs.
The group looks on in horror as the plant crushes Lindal with a horrible wet crunch, and places it near its roots as it prepares to feed.
Rnd 2
Post your actions, ranged weapons, spells or reroll your reflex.

FreeXenon

Franky, Rnd:2 Init:14 HP: 8/8

Init: 14 (Roll 11 +3 ) AC: 16 Melee: +1 (+0 +0 +1) Ranged: +4 (+0 +3 +1)
Reflex sv: 11 (Roll: 5+6) Will sv: 19 [21] (Roll: 15+4 [+2 vs Fear])

[OOC:Assuming I am able to act with my saves]
Horror fills Franky's face as he sees the plant creatures rend the brave ranger into crimson spraying meat sticks and drags his shredded corpse to its slavering maw. Broad patches of blood brightly contrast the rich green of the grass and leaves. Tears start to fall from the halflings face as the realization that a friend has been lost hits him.

Franky steps back towards the rest of the group, drops his morning star, and pulls out his crossbow looking to the others like a child that looks to his parents to make something horrible stop.

[OOC: Move back 20' (Move Action), Drop Weapon (Free Action), Draw Crossbow (Move Action)]

[OOC:If I am not able to act then]
I will spend the round trying to free myself and walk behind the group for cover and protection.

Boss[sblock][OOC: I was within Melee Range and attacked the enraged salad - no crossbow. I am wishing that I had - But I hope to correct that now... :heh:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mr. Prez

First Post
As both of the missiles sink into the plant's leafy flesh with a satisfying "thunk" and stick there quivering, one of the plants tendrils snake out and whips Fortin in the face for 2 damage.

Next round

FreeXenon

Franky, Rnd:2 Init:14 HP: 8/8

Init: 14 (Roll 11 +3 ) AC: 16
Melee: +1 (+0 +0 +1) Ranged: +4 (+0 +3 +1)

Reflex sv: 21 (Roll: 15+6)
To Hit: 24 (Roll: 20+4)
To Dmg: 7 dmg (Roll: 7+0))

Franky stumbles his way to take cover behind Percy with tears still streaming down his face and almost obscure his vision. The halfling moving purely on instinct kneels down behind Percy and fires his loaded crossbow at the carniverous plant hitting solidly. He wipes the tears from his eyes his resolve begins to strengthen as he prepares to fire again after he reloads.

[OOC: Finsh moving if necessary (Move Action), Fire on Plant (Attack Action)]

scout989

First Post
Fortin Human Fighter1

HP=11 AC=17 Reflex save=15+2=17
Finally wrenching himself free of the plants, Fortin lets loose a cry of horror at what he has just seen. His sight goes red and narrows to a tunnel, with the plant creature in the center. He begins moving single-mindedly towards the plant, intending to rip each and every tentacle from its body.

OOC: I'm not very sure how much distance lies between Fortin and the plant. If he can move and attack this round, he will do so, using his shield to get past any reach that it may have and then dropping it when he gets close enough to use the longsword two-handed. If he cannot get that close, he'll double move directly towards it and keep the shield for now. If I can attack it this round, let me know and I'll roll the dice.
Edit: If I can charge it somehow, I'd prefer to do that ;)

Wilphe

Adventurer
Percy fixes Franky with a steely glare, "If you have any way to make fire Franky I suggest you do so quickly. We'll burn the thing out, he calls to Fortin, "Fortin! There's a better way to do this than hacking at it. Your death will not avenge Lindal," for good measure he sends an arrow into the plant thing to keep it's attention whilst ensuring that he and Franky stay out of reach.

OOC: This thing is rooted in place right?

Attack: Misses

Remove ads