OSRIC v1.00 released.

tx7321

First Post
Treebore said:
Once I am able to reserve and pay for my GenCon flight and hotel room I would be willing to organize a GenCon OSRIC presence.

Even so I bet Joe and Suzi of XRP could be talked into doing it. I think they have proven time and again they are gluttons for punishment. ;)

Treebore, thats a very kind offer. Has anyone asked Joe B if he might be interested? So Joe B would you be interested? :)

I wonder if the OSRIC-C could be finished by then?

Last edited:

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
PapersAndPaychecks said:
Matt "Mythmere" Finch is a retired US attorney. I obtained the views of two other (practicing) attorneys before I released the first version to the public.

Thanks for the information. I'm stil a little confused, though. Was this particular designation text in the first version?

Designation of Product Identity and Open Game Content:
The terms "OSRICTM," "OsricTM," and "O.S.R.I.C.TM" are Product Identity and trademarks; all artwork and formatting is Product Identity, the specific wording of the text of this work is Product Identity in its entirety, including the text of spell descriptions, but excluding spell names, summary spell data, and also excluding any text language derived from the SRD. Experience points required to achieve levels, monster experience point value calculations, and the random experience rule are all Product Identity to the extent permitted under the OGL and to the extent such material is subject to copyright. The remainder of this work is designated as Open Game Content to the extent permitted by the OGL. Open Game Content thus includes target numbers for all rolls requiring a target number, all means of generating such target numbers, numerical effects of meeting such target numbers, alignment descriptions, equipment costs and effects, and the numerical effects thereof, statistical summaries of a monster's capabilities in terms of game effect, and all other material not designated as Product Identity hereby.

Particularly the portions in the quoted section that I put here into bold text?

howandwhy99

Adventurer
Way to go P&P! It's a great resource to have the old rules in electronic format. And all the additional materials being published for it is the coup de grace. Way to go.

Mark CMG said:
Particularly the portions in the quoted section that I put here into bold text?

That text is a direct copy/paste from one of the attorneys.

I understand that what it means is that you can copy (virtually) any portion of the text, but then goes on to prevent copying the whole text in its entirety.

Delta

First Post
sjmiller said:
You know, GURPS was supposed to get a name change after Steve Jackson finished writing it. But, everyone thought the acronym fit, sounded good, and was easy to identify.

Not me! :)

Remove ads