(ot-american football) PATS WIN!

Eye Tyrant

First Post
Kajamba Lion said:

The rule will be changed, I'm sure. Was it two years ago that they changed the rule about forward momentum/fumbles/sliding into the endzone because of that play in Seattle (I can't remember who the 'Hawks were playing)? I'm sure this will be changed, too.

Best,
tKL

Oddly enough, they were playing the Raiders... I remember that one

Eye Tyrant

First Post
I agree with Scorch... I think it was a fumble....

But the rules say that there must be substantial evidence... And as was already stated, a ref can't judge a person's intentions all the time, especially not in a review call...

Good call by the rules+ incomplete rules = bad call for the Raiders

Amrynn Moonshadow

First Post
I agree completely on all counts . . .

the refs played by the rules. whether or not the rules are complete is besides the point. additionally, the raiders punted waay too much . . . and played very conservatively. gannon rarely throws up an int, i would have passed it a bit more on that drive, the short passing game is the strength of the team.

and the john madden thing is completely telling. if you lose the game on one call, maybe you weren't really winning it as handidly.

Welverin

First Post
Wormwood said:
The only way this ruling could be more controversial is if it involved Palm Beach County.

On a brighter note, I'd like to buy a beer to the guy who biffed Gumbel with that snowball. Well done, sir!

Actually it was Phil who got hit. I thought it was funny too. I don't have anything against Phil though.

How come you don't like Brian?

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Christian said:
One note, tKL:

The Steelers beat Baltimore 26-21 at PSINet Stadium on Dec. 16th, avenging their 13-10 loss to the Ravens on Nov. 4th at Heinz field. The Steelers party line is that they've actually won twice, as they controlled the first game but just kept missing field goals. (Four or five, IIRC. :eek: ) IMHO, I don't think that's a reasonable line to take, especially since they haven't sacked their kicker. :)

Should be another good game this evening.

Let's hope so. Thanks for the correction. My sources are fired. :)

Best,
tKL

Someguy

First Post
I really didn't listen to the comentary...I can't stand most sports casters with the exception of Madden and Remy(baseball)

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Someguy said:
I really didn't listen to the comentary...I can't stand most sports casters with the exception of Madden and Remy(baseball)

I think Madden is slipping a bit, but he's still great. Remy's really good, too (as is McDonough). One guy I really like, and I don't think he's in the best booth possible for him, is Dan Fouts. Michaels is really good, but he's been getting too far into the entertaining/show-biz thing IMO, something which should be left to Miller, if anyone has to do it, but Fouts is really on the ball. Good stuff.

Best,
tKL

Doc_Souark

Explorer
Ok this is for PirateCat and only for Da PuttyKat !

Alright PC our last bet didn't go as planned but this time I know you'll be pulling fr the (more or less) hometown team ! So it'll be the same bet as last time with your team being the Patirots and I'll have who ever wins the game today.

Same bet as last time or do you want to change it for the Stuper Bowl ?

Welverin

First Post
Kajamba Lion said:
I think Madden is slipping a bit

I agree with that. I haven't been to fond of listening to John and Pat all season.

I think John Davidson and Bill Clement are two of the best analysts out there and Mike Emerich one of the best play-by-play men. All of work hockey games, if you didn't know.

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
drothgery said:

Heh.
I've liked McNabb since he was at Syracuse (of course, I went to high school in the Syracuse area, and my alma mater didn't play division I sports...) But since I became a Pack fan while I briefly lived in Wisconsin (just before Favre showed up), Donovan will have to do a lot before he supplants my old favorite quartback.

Well, if GB loses today, you can root for McNabb next week! ;)

Remove ads