• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[ot]Anybody having probems with MSN Messenger & Trillian?

Gnome Berzerker

First Post
If I load my MSN messenger by itself, I have no problem. But if I log in to Trillian, I get a message that my MSN Messenger needs to be updated. I uninstall the old MSN program, and install the new MSN version, just as instructed.

But if I log into trillian again, I get the same message, everytime. I've become so frustrated that I've just gotten rid of the MSN messenger.

Has anybody else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

StumpwaterJack

First Post
Gnome Berzerker said:
If I load my MSN messenger by itself, I have no problem. But if I log in to Trillian, I get a message that my MSN Messenger needs to be updated. I uninstall the old MSN program, and install the new MSN version, just as instructed.

But if I log into trillian again, I get the same message, everytime.

When you connect with Trillian, it doesn't have the "I am an updated version of MSN Messenger" signature the MSN server is looking for. It has nothing to do with whether you have an updated version of MSN Messenger installed, only with whether you use it to connect.

-SJ

Gnome Berzerker

First Post
StumpwaterJack said:
When you connect with Trillian, it doesn't have the "I am an updated version of MSN Messenger" signature the MSN server is looking for. It has nothing to do with whether you have an updated version of MSN Messenger installed, only with whether you use it to connect.

-SJ

But is there a way to fix it?

Skullfyre

First Post
Gnome Berzerker said:
But is there a way to fix it?

It has to do with the protocol that older versions of MSN Messenger uses. versoin 6 is different. Supposedly Trillian is working on a fix before October.

Remove ads