• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Battletech treehouse

First Post
P.S.

Even though this is very off topic, it seems like Battletech would be an easy game to port to a computer. I don't mean like Mechwarrior or Mechcommander, I mean just a straight conversion- you move you pieces on a big hex plane and dice get rolled kind of thing. It could do some bookkeeping like tracking heat, etc. which would be nice. Does anyone know if this has been done? I was thinking I'd try it, but I'd be amazed if someone hasn't already and I really don't have the time. It'd be nice to find :) Well, let me know if you have any leads. Thanks.

Re: P.S.

Even though this is very off topic, it seems like Battletech would be an easy game to port to a computer. I don't mean like Mechwarrior or Mechcommander, I mean just a straight conversion- you move you pieces on a big hex plane and dice get rolled kind of thing. It could do some bookkeeping like tracking heat, etc. which would be nice. Does anyone know if this has been done? I was thinking I'd try it, but I'd be amazed if someone hasn't already and I really don't have the time. It'd be nice to find :) Well, let me know if you have any leads. Thanks.
Indeed. Check out this site: http://megamek.sourceforge.net/

Uller

Adventurer
Ranger REG said:
Shoot what? I'm so hoping you're going to say "water," since this is a kids' treehouse.

When I was a kid, I'm pretty sure I would have preferred a tree house that shoots missiles and PPCs over one that shoots water...maybe I'm just wierd, though.:rolleyes:

Krug

Newshound
Supers-freak said:
Now, does it shoot?

I wonder if there's an industry to be made here? Custom-built treehouses? I'd kinda like a Tarrasque treehouse.

It could be a cottage (ahem) industry, but I think Mechs would be more popular.

Remove ads