• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT]Blackout -- how long were you without power?

BelXiror

First Post
Well, on Thursday we had three power flickers, just enough to reset the computer and screw with the clocks...

But, then again, this is Australia :p

And I live under a rock, it was that bad over there?

Krunchyfrogg, my schedule is almost exactly the same as yours (my PDA said is was 7:53 AM when it came back on.) Of course, we were practically the first area of Metro Detroit to get power -- about half of us around here still don't have it and won't until sometime tomorrow at best.

Ysgarran

Ann Arbor, MI:
About 10 minutes less than 24 hours.

Power went out about 4:12 PM on Thursday. It came back around 4:00 PM today.

I waited about 4 hours before turning on the computers.

later,
Ysgarran.

ichabod

Legned
I actually didn't lose power, but my website, which is hosted in Canada, was down until early this evening. I do remember the Rochester ice storm of the early 90s, where some were without power for 6 months. In winter. Well, I guess it was spring/summer when they actually got their power back.

Turgenev

Hero
I'm in Toronto and we (myself & the wife) finally got power back around 10 pm EST Friday - you're looking at just under 30 hours without power. :(

It also didn't help that we did a big grocery shop just before the power outage and we lost the two weeks worth of meat that we bought. And I lost a day's pay, plus the overtime that I was suppose to work this weekend... grrrrrr :mad:

Tim

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads