[OT]Boycott Disney!

mhensley

First Post
Boycott Disney!

I don't know if this show has been aired before but-

I was watching the Lizzie McGuire show on the Disney channel last night with my six year old daughter. The show was all about how their best friend starting playing a game called "Dwarf Lord". It was definitely supposed to be a spoof of D&D, although they threw in some MTG collectable card elements as well.

The bad part about this was that they made playing the game to be very destructive to their friend's life. All the people playing it were complete dorks. The only girl playing was fat and wore glasses. You know, the usual stereotypes. But that wasn't enough for them. They had to show that the game ruined their friend's grades and made him steal money to fuel his game habit. In the end they had to kidnap him and reprogram him like he was a member of a cult.

This was entirely not funny. It was offensive. Boycott Disney!

If you have an IQ above 10 your intelligence is so insulted by programming on Disney that your not watching it anyways. So I really doubt you are going to find many Disney watchers here at ENWorld.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Boycotting wouldn't have any effect. A calm, reasonably phrased email to them might help, though, if there were a lot of them.

Every member of ENWorld could write 10 letters under 10 aliases and still not generate enough mail for Disney to care.

Disney is well known in its programming for idiot humor (humor aimed at such a young audience that only an idiot wouldnt be offended at it) as well as aiming at all the generic stereostypes and cliche story ideas.

Piratecat said:
Boycotting wouldn't have any effect. A calm, reasonably phrased email to them might help, though, if there were a lot of them.

mhensley

First Post
DocMoriartty said:
I really doubt you are going to find many Disney watchers here at ENWorld.

I think that a lot of people here have young children and thus are forced to watch a lot of kid's shows. From now on, I will stick to Nickelodeon - SpongeBob rules!

Danyon Dehlmari

First Post
Ack! I can't boycott Disney!!!

1. My Father owns stock in Disney and I'd never hear the end of it! :D

2. My kids would never let me hear the end of it!:D

I have a daughter who will be 4 on December 7th (gee you think I am going to bombard her with history books when she gets older?) that does not force me to watch anything since the TV rarely leaves the channels I like which are Discovery, Animal Planet, and a very few select others. Don't let them get addicted to crap TV at a young age and you are not stuck with that stuff on while you are around when they get older.

mhensley said:

I think that a lot of people here have young children and thus are forced to watch a lot of kid's shows. From now on, I will stick to Nickelodeon - SpongeBob rules!

Taren Nighteyes

First Post
CNN Headline News / History Channel

My 5 year old son loves cartoons and campy movies (dumb comedies), but he still watches CNN Headline News and the History Channel without complaint.

Between me and his Grandpa, he doesn't get much choice if we are around.

(My 2 1/2 year old daughter couldn't care less what was on TV. Though lately she has been very interested in Enterprise and Smallville. I think she likes the theme songs ???)

Taren Nighteyes

bwgwl

First Post
DocMoriartty said:
I have a daughter who will be 4 on December 7th (gee you think I am going to bombard her with history books when she gets older?)...
heh. that's my birthday too. my mom always said i was a national disaster. :p

Remove ads