• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Eastern Seaboard Snowstorm

Sagan Darkside

First Post
HalfElfSorcerer said:
Anybody else in the eastern US have any thoughts on the swirling white stuff around us?

All I know is if it keeps heading northernly...I may be stuck in Vermont. Oh well, at least I get paid well to do this...

SD

Skarp Hedin

First Post
Well, at present here in Vermont, there's nary a flake as I can see. (here in Burlington, at least). It's not even very cold, clocking in at about 19 degrees.

Saturday, however, was 25 below, as Piratecat quite correctly pointed out, and even worse in some parts of the state.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
This is absolutely no fair! We get robbed of our deep snow every single frikkin time!

I've been longing for a stop-everything-in-its-tracks blizzard for several years now, but we never get anything nifty like that in Indiana.:mad:

Quinn

First Post
Well this would be great if it weren't for the fact that this is my first winter in Virginia (sunny California native), and the only thing I have that I can shovel snow to free my car with is a bucket.

But other than that, I'm just dandy. :(

HalfElfSorcerer

First Post
Well, we're about to take a hike to our local pizza joint for dinner. School is already canceled for tomorrow 'round these parts. I guess we're all going to be stuck for at least another day. Looking at our deck outside, the snow is like all the way up to the bottom of our picnic table chairs. This is crazy man. We never get snow in Virginia...Thanks for the replies. And Barcode, the boss told me to tell you something about "leaking official secrets" and "house arrest." It's probably not important.

John Crichton

First Post
First off, I hope everyone is doing well in all of this. I work at Yale University and they never close down (yes, they had still had classes today even though it's a holiday). But today, they shut down just about everything, including the library where I work about 3pm. That is just unheard of. And lucky me, I work the night shift so I didn't even have to go in at all.

The downside to all this is the shoveling. Small price to pay. Take care, all.

Ashy

First Post
mearls said:
It's been snowing here in Boston for the past few hours. We're supposed to get 20 inches total in the city.

I'm sitting here with a book to finish writing, 10 days worth of food, a dozen new Reaper paints, about two dozen primed miniatures waiting to be painted, a high-powered battery lantern, and 12 hours of battery power for my laptop. Let it snow, let the power shut down. I'm not going anywhere.

Man, I love winter.

Sometimes, mearls, ya make me just plain sick....

.......with envy.....

;)

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
HalfElfSorcerer said:
Well, I'm here in northern Virgina, and we have the most snow we've ever had since 1996.
In looking outside I'm seeing a bright sunny day here in my corner of Northern California. Even the usual fog is not present at the moment. :cool:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads