[OT] Farscape - I-Yench (spoilers)

TBoarder

Explorer
It was frightening how well Rygel and Scorpius worked together... :eek:

The other cool part of this episode was how they took a plot hook that looked really bad and made it completely enjoyable. When I saw the "truckstop diner" style cook and waitress I was worried. When I first heard the redneck monkey aliens, I was actually starting to think that the 7 month wait caused the writers to lose their minds. By the end of the episode though, I was utterly entralled...

As for getting rid of Jool... they'd better not even consider it!!! She's another situation where I didn't like her when she was first introduced, but turned into an essential character for me. Besides that, I'm hoping her and Chiana hook up sometime soon ;)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Off topic for this thread, on topic for this board. Does anyone know of a spell that does something simular to the Yench braclet? Would be really cool.

Wild Speculation

Alright... I'm here in the US with the rest of ya, and I've been RELIGIOUSLY avoiding posts from the Brits who have seen the rest of the third season episodes, but here's my wildly speculative guess at what happens with Talyn. If you don't want to even see my guess (which I assure you, is made with no advance knowledge whatsoever), then avoid the rest of this post. You have been warned...
You have Stark out looking for Zhaan's spirit, yes? And you have Talyn, who is now in need of a "spirit". Zhaan is the complete opposite of Talyn... where Talyn is brash and quick to pull the trigger, Zhaan is calm and abhors violence. What if the personalities of the two were merged? Zhaan seems to have earned the trust of the aliens who built Moya, after all. Perhaps they come into the picture at some point, and give Zhaan a new vessel (no pun intended) for her soul.

Regards,
Corporate Dog

Last edited:

TBoarder

Explorer
DarwinofMind said:
Off topic for this thread, on topic for this board. Does anyone know of a spell that does something simular to the Yench braclet? Would be really cool.

Fate Link. 3rd level telepath Psion power. :)

Black Omega

First Post
The blue skinned aliens reminded me more of birds than monkeys, high cries, beaklike noses and swept back hair just made me think that.

Over all a fun episode. With Lexx gone so far downhill, it's nice for Farscape to be back, I was about ready to quit watching Scifi Channel.

Rigel and Scopius was great and the bit with Talyn more or less had to be done. I'm pleased to see Jool still around. The rest of the crew has been in plenty of fights and stressful situations so they handle it with no troubles. I like Jool as the high strung counterpoint to that.

Regdar

First Post
Bah, what the frill?

Actually Invisable Man had as high ratings, why it was canceled remains a mystery to Regdar.

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
Last I heard the reason Invisible Man got canceled was because of a disput between the production company and SciFi as to if it should be renewed for 1 or 2 more seasons.

I think it was on Cinescape I read that.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Re: Bah, what the frill?

Regdar said:
Actually Invisable Man had as high ratings, why it was canceled remains a mystery to Regdar.

Heard also it had to do with issues with the production company, something on the lines of a break up of members.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I found this Farscape a so-so. I know it was a plot element to redefine relationships, Scorp/Buckwheat, John/Arin, Talyn/Moya, Pip/Jool (lovers) and such and like the way it was done, meeting interupted by robbers but it just dragged out too long.

for the future, Everyone comes to like John, Scorp will be working buds but never friends. John/Arin/Cris will change the Peace Keepers but a major war will break out (its been building) and John will have to pick which side and build some type of weapon.

Remove ads