• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT]Favorite Magic cards?

Arkham

First Post
Dakkon Blackblade. The coolest of the origional Legends.
"My power is as vast as the plains, my strength is that of mountains. Each wave that crashes upon the shore thunders like blood in my veins."

Lifeline. Imagine an Artifact which doesn't let anyone die, as long as they do not die alone.

Jokulhaups(sp?) Mass destruction for all!

Black Knight - "You do not ask why a field burns or a plague kills. Do not ask why I fight."

Last edited:

incognito

First Post
MtG - cofessions of a bad addict

The addcition got so bad at one poitn I have a deck with 24 Bayous (correct, now exactly tournament legal)...this was doe for aspect of the wolf, and nightmare (ouch).

MY favorite cards were odd, out of flavor cards, especially for color.

There was this green enchantment:
2green, two other that went something like

2G: create a 1/1 green flying creature with a (cumulative?) 1 mana upkeep.

if this creature leaves play deal one damage to all (your) flying creatures, and one damage to you...

Other fav's include:
Preacher (tap to take control of target creature with (power?) less than the preacher.

There was a red rare card that said, take another turn. If you do not win on that turn, you loose the game. One one red to cast - but GROSS!

And some that were more simple

for ONE Blue - target creature gains +3/+3, put a +1/+1 counter one that creature during your upkeep!

Saint Brendan

First Post
Goblins of various professions: sappers, flotila sailors, swine-riders, fanatics, tinkers, mutants, ski patrols...

not that it really matters iwhat the goblin type was if you had a goblin grenade!

Henry

Autoexreginated
Re: MtG - cofessions of a bad addict

incognito said:
...for ONE Blue - target creature gains +3/+3, put a +1/+1 counter one that creature during your upkeep!

I think you might be thinking of unstable mutation, and it was not +1/+1, but -1/-1. The creature at first benefits from the mutation, but then keeps getting progresively more screwed up until the point where it dies. Removing the enchantment stopped the -1 counter accumulation, but it also removed the +3/+3 as well - in some cases, assuring death to the creature if it already had a bunch of -1 counters on it.

Welverin

First Post
Kird Ape, Orcish Spy, Chains of Mephistopheles (nasty when combined with Hammer of Bogardan).

I'm sure there's stuff I can't think of, but I also haven't played in a couple of years.

Apok

First Post
Underworld Dreams, especially when combined with Teferi's Puzzlebox, Howling Mines and the various "draw x cards" cards. Also, Recurring Nightmare and Hidden Horrors. I had a thing for graveyard spawn decks. :D

gamecat

Explorer
Hey, thanks for all of your responses! This motivates a LOT, and I'll be up till the wee hours tonite. When I reach 100 conversions, I'll post em.

wolff96

First Post
Some of these names may not be perfect.

------------------------------

Charisma -- Damage a creature and it becomes yours.

The Prodigal Sorcerer "Tim" -- Always a favorite.

Phantasmal Dragons -- Something like that. A blue card that you could return to your hand for seven mana.

Rewind -- An "undo".

Wall of Fog -- A flying wall that didn't take damage.

Stinging Nettles -- A wall that could be tapped to do damage just like a Timmy.

------------------------------

What can I say? I just loved the old Blue Control decks...

Not to mention there is nothing quite like watching someone go into apoplexy when a well-run card combination steals his entire army and hurls it back at him. :D

Xarlen

First Post
I'm surprised NO one has mentioned Dark Ritual! :D

First round Sever Soul, draining 2 life from everyone at the table, and gaining 2 life for everyone you drain. I Loved my drain deck. :D

Remove ads