[OT?] Giant ant colony conquers Europe!

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Hey MythandLore, I should have said 'outta' instead of 'ought' , I was trying to reference the Beverly Hillbillies theme song. Sorry for the extermely lame attempt at a joke there. :(

The fire ants here are the imported one's. According to the World Book Ency. they were imported through Mobile, AL in the early 20th century and have spread, well, like wildfire across the country (poor pun indended, maybe I should just not try humor on this subject).

We also have Formosan(sp?) Termites here too. :(

Enkhidu

Explorer
I've seen a few posts about ant wars, and books about ants - what about one that combines the two?

It's called Empire of the Ants and I believe it was written by a french author (can't remember the name) about the wars between fire and Argentine ants - check it out...

By the way - it's fiction written from the point of view of one of the workers!

Henrix

Explorer
This threat must be stopped before we are pulled into Mechanus, just like Menausos was! :D

I shall immediately send forth all my forces to combat them!

At least the 6mm's should be able to enter their nests to hunt them out! There my ranks of 15 & 25mm's will meet them upon the open battlefields, and my 1/2400 spaceships will melt away their ranks with bombardment from orbit*.

* Or at least from several inches away....

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Damn I'm glad to live in Iceland, where there are no ants, only three native species of spiders and you'll only find cockroaches in the sewers.

The most dangerous bug here are wasps (not killer wasps btw), which hybernate for 9 months of the year anyway.

Gawd bless my frozen wasteland. :p

kenjib

First Post
MythandLore said:

As far a "invader" ones we have the South American recluse spider by me too.
That's a bad bad bad one.
I got bit on my foot by one when I was a kid, it was really weird the poison melted the flesh on the inside of my foot but it didn't do anything to the skin.
It was like someone took and ice cream scoop out of my foot but didn't touch the skin.

That is really, really, scary. What does your foot look like now? Any permanent damage? Maybe I should get one of these spiders in my house identified when mating season starts and they get aggressive.

MythandLore

First Post
kenjib said:

That is really, really, scary. What does your foot look like now? Any permanent damage? Maybe I should get one of these spiders in my house identified when mating season starts and they get aggressive.
It's fine now, as far as I can tell (it was about 14+ years ago), come to think of it every one in a while I do get a sharp pain there still some times, but the flesh is all back.

Remove ads