[OT?] Giant ant colony conquers Europe!

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
Ohio.
Asian Ladybugs. They never died out, they were around all winter. Not dangerous, just annoying. My ex-girlfriend was already squeemish about insects when they invaded a few years back. They infested her house and now she's pretty phobic about them. If I were inordinately cruel, I would have sent her a box of them, there certainly are enough of them available.

Japanese Beetles had risen to plague status over the last few years, but then last year there were hardly any. I don't know what happened.

We don't have killer bees here yet, but we have plenty of the others. Wasps, hornets, yellowjackets... They've really gotten bad around here. You park a car for a few hours and they already have a condo built in every crevice by the time you get ready to drive again. Bah.

At least the coyotes and wolves are coming back, not to mention the occasional mountain lion spottings that happen sometimes out here. :)

Last edited:

madriel

First Post
We're having problems with those Asian Ladybugs 'round here. They're driving out the nice red ladybugs. You could let the red ladybugs walk on your fingers, no problem. The orange asian ones bite. People have been vacuuming them off their windows in the rural areas.

Remove ads