[ot] Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings extended edition

Tsyr

Explorer
Got mine yesterday... Both movie pass (which I have a feeling my anal movie theater won't accept) and cards were there. Havn't broke the plastic on the cards/magazine to see what they are like, though.

I was really impressed with the bookends... I was expecting cheap plastic or something, but instead they really feel like stone... hefty buggers too, I could whip one of those at someone and kill 'em :)

Henry

Autoexreginated
Tsyr said:
...but instead they really feel like stone... hefty buggers too, I could whip one of those at someone and kill 'em :)

Is it just me, or do all gamers catalog all the common household items in their home that can be improvised weapons? :D

I can't wait to pick up my rental - if I'm lucky, I'll get it this weekend. If not, I'll rent it about a week before TTT comes out, and watch the whole thing again.

Welverin

First Post
Mean Eyed Cat said:
Right, right. Which explains why my box had a sticker for a free movie pass on the front but the pass wasn't listed on the back with all the other goodies. It sounds like they ran out of cards and decided to put the movie pass in to make up for this. Anybody else purchase the Collector's dvd gift set and have this happen?

Well I know what happened to my movie pass, it was in the CS that I exchanged the first one for. Now I have two!

Ranger REG

Explorer
Mean Eyed Cat said:

Anybody else purchase the Collector's dvd gift set and have this happen?
Just curious. What is the suggested retail price (US) for the Gift Set? May have to use my d20 Modern fund to buy the Gift Set instead.

Tsyr

Explorer
Ranger REG said:

Just curious. What is the suggested retail price (US) for the Gift Set? May have to use my d20 Modern fund to buy the Gift Set instead.

Supposedly, around 70 bucks. I got it for less online, and I've heard of it going for 40-50 in retail stores (Best Buy probably has it very cheap, knowing them).

Welverin

First Post
Tsyr said:

Supposedly, around 70 bucks. I got it for less online, and I've heard of it going for 40-50 in retail stores (Best Buy probably has it very cheap, knowing them).

Best Buy sells it for $50 at the moment, though the one I go to was out of FotR the last time I was there.

FYE sells it for $55.

Remove ads