[OT]Morrowind, Morrowind, how do I love thee?

The Crimster

First Post
Ok, ok, I haven't actually played it yet. Still waiting to get home from work.

But I've always been a fan of the Elder Scrolls - from Arena to Daggerfall, and now the crown jewel - Morrowind.

So anyone else getting it? Got it? Share!

Darklance

First Post
I AM! I AM!

Oh how I love thee....

The collectors edition is in the mail right now. Should be here in 5-10 days.

Damn mail!

Please don't tell me that it is at the mall right now....and that I'm sitting here in torment...I ordered from them to SAVE time. GRRR.

Last edited:

Micar Sin

First Post
Bought it this morning. Only got to play it for about 20 minutes before coming to work, but so far... OMG..... it looks great!

Eye Tyrant

First Post
I have my name on the list at the mall. When I went in last week they told me it wouldn't be out til mid-May... What gives!!??

Please post your impression of it once you get to play it a bit!!

Micar Sin

First Post
Still at work, but I'll relate what little I can. Character creation works basically like it did in DaggerFall. You can answer questions to generate a class, pick the class, or create a custom class. Each race hs advantages and disadvantages. Nords, for examlpe, are immune to frost (100% resistance), 50% resisitant to shock, and have the Woad ability(which buffs str and a couple of other things), and another ability which escapes me ATM. Everyone picks a birth sign as well, which allows you further special abilities. The graphics I've seen so far are impressive, running on a P4 1.4, with 512 megs ram and a 64 meg GF2, and motion on the NPC's is very smooth....

Ok thats about it for the moment... I have calls coming in. More when I have time.

Darklance

First Post
Erg...so it tis....

I'm sitting here without it because I choose to support the company directly....nice....just nice.

I will have my revenge....

...well...perhaps not but I'll grumble allot more...rest assured....I shall GRUMBLE!

faete

Explorer
its listed as mid may here too *grumble*, but if its getting shipped elsewhere, then i guess i have something to talk to the sales staff about :)

Lazybones

Adventurer
I haven't been following this game much... but it might be interesting to pick up while I'm waiting for NWN. Hope the thread pops back up when people have had a chance to play the game some. I remember Daggerfall, I think... played a demo, and remembered that there was just a whole lot of empty space with not much to do, IIRC.

Remove ads