[OT]Morrowind, Morrowind, how do I love thee?

Agamon

Adventurer
Ohboyohboyohboy!

We don't get it up here til tomorrow, but I can't wait! If this was some Bizarro World where NWN didn't exist, this would be the game I was looking forward to.

Ranger REG

Explorer
I am interested, but I need convincing...

I am considering buying Morrowind but I want to know what this CRPG is all about.

What feature does it have? What can you do? What you cannot do? Can you play it over the internet? What game options do I have (race, class, etc.)?

IOW, give me a full-on review.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
I've heard it is beautiful, the gameplay is very rich, the music is good, and that it is a little crashy.

It will be hard not to drool over the box when I buy it.

Ristamar

Adventurer
Ranger REG said:
I could, but I haven't bought it yet. :p

So convince me, why should I spend my money on this game? :D
Well, the first two games in the series kicked ass. If you know anything about Arena or Daggerfall, you shouldn't require much convincing.

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
I've only played Daggerfall, but I've never seen an RPG that gives such freedom of action. The world was freakin HUGE.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Ristamar said:

Well, the first two games in the series kicked ass. If you know anything about Arena or Daggerfall, you shouldn't require much convincing.
Sorry, I don't have the previous two.

But Morrowind may just be my first Elder Scroll game ... unless there are a lot of bad reviews.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I played it for about 2 hours today. The world is beautiful, and like most crpgs, playing a spellcaster is tough at first. I trust it will get easier.

My character has just joined the Mage's Guild, and has also become a spy for the empire. I'm not sure these are good choices, but I tried taking her out to kill monsters on her own, and she kept coming down with a bad case of dead.

I can tell you that it seems to be completely nonlinear. You can wander around and do whatever you like. So far, the game looks very good. I wish I could take a week off work so I could give it my uninterrupted attention.:p

Remove ads