[ot] Morrus, Liquide, Rav and Tallarn - a tale of beer and singing, in many parts :D

Sixchan

First Post
You get free stuff for showing up at Morrus' House?
*goes to find tickets to Southampton on the internet*

Cool story. I'll be interested to see the others' take on it.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Our friendly guitar player starts up. He sings too. Fortunately for all involved, he can sing pretty well. And the pub proves that, en masse, they can sing too. And they do. Loudly.

Our table is now a little less occupied, so we make sure we have it covered.

Important information

There are now people singing and dancing on tables.

The guitar player moves smoothly into another song. I have no idea what it was, by this time I was slowly moving into what Liquide referred to as "Happy-drunk". I remember it was a great song. I liked the song. I looked up.

By some magic, Rav had got there first. He was on the table. He offered his hand, he pulled me up there too. In short order, all five of us where up on the table.

We danced. Everybody danced! Even Morrus!

The songs came and went. Every thirty minutes or so the DJ and the singer swapped over so the other could sing or play records. The main pauses in the singing, drinking and dancing came when another round of drinks needed to be bought. I even managed to buy a round myself.

At some time around here, I gave Morrus £10. Now then, being as he's going to read the thread, I can't tell you guys why. I'll just give you a not-very-cryptic-clue.

Maldur knows why.

Back to the beer. The pub was now full of happy people. Drunk, sober, singing in tune, singing out of tune (more of these), dancing on tables, dancing on the floor...happy happy joy joy happy happy joy.

At this point, the usual thing happened. We were five single guys in a pub. There were ladies present. We were drunk. An illogical conclusion came to mind. We started to look for attractive girls to join us on our table and dance. There probably wasn't room for them, but so what? After a while there was an unspoken agreement that actually any girls at all would be nice on our table...

Liquide would prove to be braver than I in this matter.
----------
Thanks for all the support, everybody! I'm enjoying this...

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Part 5 - That Ol'Swedish charm

(Before I begin this part I want to make it totally clear that this is just friendly-like, I'm not actually been mean about anyone...)
-----------
We are dancing. Badly. I mean, we're all drunk white European males under the age of 30. Of course we dancing badly.

Myself and Morrus help a girl up onto our table. She faces away from me and dances (making us look worse, but y'know...) Liquide and Rav instantly start giving me "Go on, make a move on her" looks. Then they start nudging me. Then Liquide, in his ever-so-subtle-Swedish-manner, shouts in my ear:

"Go on! Just try and kiss her!"

Now a short explanation may be order. I do not do the putting-myself-forward-thing. I do not inititate kissing. I am very bad at this. The idea of trying it with someone I don't even know...no. Besides, I'm English. We've made shyness an artform.

"No way!" I reply, wittily. :D

"Just do it! It's easy!"

I mumble, jump off the table for a minute and go and get another beer. When I come back, she's gone.

Now at this point I have to say that the rest of the evening is a little...fuzzy...would be a good word. I remember lots of good songs. I remember some half-hearted flirting with people who looked attractive at the time.

I remember being told by Rav that Liquide had been turned down by three different girls. :p

I remember songs by Queen, Reef, David Bowie, Madness, Elton John, The Monkees, Don McClean etc etc etc...there was a lot of singing.

But I certainly remember that the last song of the night was Hey Jude. You know. The one with the big singalong chorus. Guess what?

Everyone sang along, very loudly.

The pub closed, we departed, Jason-the-now-wonderful-flatmate, being stone cold sober, drove us back.

I sorted out my sleeping bag, undressed a bit, got on the couch, took off my glasses, made a half-hearted attempt to join in the conversation that Rav and Liquide were having, and passed out.

When I woke up one lens of my glasses was cracked from top to bottom.
----------
Ooooh! The suspense! What happens next? Find out in about ten minutes!

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Crothian said:
This is great, we need more stories like this :D

Well with a bit of luck there should be three more versions of this story up within a few days. Rav, Morrus and Liquide have gone out drinking tonight as well, so they have a whole new 24 hour period to mention...

New update coming now!

Dungannon

First Post
Originally posted by Tallarn
The pub closed, we departed, Jason-the-now-wonderful-flatmate, being stone cold sober, drove us back.
At this point I'm betting at least one of them was ready to nominate Jason for sainthood. :)

Remove ads