• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT Movies] The Count of Monte Cristo

mmu1

First Post
Yeah... I'm pretty curious about that too. Anyone here read the books? A faithful adaptation would be something on the scale on the Lord of the Rings movies, what with the number of character, intrigue and sub-plots... I'm pretty much expecting an ordinary action movie with costumes treatment, a la the more recent Three Musketeers movies...

Averil Wehstrom

First Post
Hand of Vecna and I saw this as a sneak preview a week or so ago. It was very not bad, but not having read the book or seen the other movie(s), I can't tell you how well it holds up to those.

But, the action was good, the storyline consistant, and the costumes looked great.

However, for some reason, it was full of French people...:D

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
I've read the book. Good book.

I've seen some TV adaptions from more than more countries (USA, UK & France) which have all with one exception sucked a rat's rear end and it was a six episode miniseries starring Gerard Depardidadudadaah(sp?). It was pretty good.

Dunno about the movie.

Enforcer

Explorer
I think the movie looks awesome, I can't wait to see it. The plot is pretty wicked too, if you've read the book. If your group hasn't read it, well...

TheTaxMan

First Post
From the trailer it seems a -lot- like The Mask of Zoro. I hope that isn't that case in the actual movie. Although, Zoro was a good movie, so it may not be an all bad thing ;)

CrusaderX

First Post
The trailer looks great. But the trailer to The Musketeer also looked great, and I thought that film was rather disappointing.

Impeesa

Explorer
Haven't heard of it... only thing that comes to mind when I see "Count of Monte Cristo" is an old John Prine song. :D

--Impeesa--

Fenros

First Post
Yes, the previews on TV look good. If anything, it looked like they spent at least some amount of decent money on it. Good or bad, I'm going to go check it out anyways. What else am I gonna do? Not check it out? C'mon....I'm a D&D gamer, anything with swords and stuff I go check out. :D

Remove ads