(OT) NFL2K3 or Madden 2003?

jollyninja

First Post
every review i have read online or in print gave madden the verry slight edge. i have read that madden is more of a football simulation and 2k3 in more arcady but that both are incredibly good. basically if you have liked the 2k games more in the past you should get 2k3, if you liked the madden games more (and therefore have been right all these years with the exception of 2k when madden sucked) you should get madden. madden is more in depth in the franchise mode this year. you have to develop your players in little mini practice sessions from what i have seen. where i live, it will not be here for a few more days. so as i have previously stated these are the opinions of egm, official us playstation magasine and a couple of websites.

Gizzard

First Post
but i do own a bunch of midway

Ohhh, bad times. ;-) I was talking to a friend who works at Midway asking why the stock price had plunged - he said their CEO was quoted in the New York Times as saying something like, "Midway has a proven track record of failing to make good games on time." Eeeek! (OK, its true, but your CEO is supposed to put a good spin on your corporate woes. Or fix them. Or something. ;-)

On the topic of NFL2K, I think Visual Concepts (who makes the American sports titles for Sega) has hit their stride and is making better titles these days than the big ol' EA machine. It warms my cold little heart to think of them kicking EA in the shins. ;-)

alsih2o

First Post
Gizzard said:

Ohhh, bad times. ;-)

no, no my friend, i bought in at 4.82, well after the dip :D and i am pleasantly awaiting the windfall. (assumed)

butthank you so much for your concern. i am a notorious dip buyer, it has serve me well multiple times, and scorched my gluteus maximus multiple times :rolleyes:

King_Stannis

Explorer
i'm off at lunch today to make the choice. as i said, i'm probably getting 2k3, but there's always the chance of a last minute upset.

i'll let you know.

Wolfen Priest

First Post
I own a GameCube also, and I've played Madden '02 on the Ps2. It was cool, but I found it slightly bland. Plus, I do not play video-games that much (still waiting for the *great* GC games to come out), and I don't have abig problem with less than stellar (Maddening) AI, especially on a football game. So, I guess I'm going to get 2k3 as well.

King_Stannis

Explorer
well, i got it. NFL2k3 (PS2) is in my hands....unfortunately, my hands are still at work! so, i'll have to wait until tonight to start playing.

the features look pretty cool from the instruction book, especially the cap management etc. i think you can even download updated rosters off of the internet, if you so desire. but it's the gameplay that sold me, so i can't wait to "put on the shoulder pads" later tonight.

Remove ads