• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Share your favorite drink recipes

I've got a closet full of liquor and I want to see it disappear down my gullet. What would be some tasteful combinations? It's dreadfully hot out here, so I'm leaning towards cold drinks. Been drinking a lot of pineapple juice and rum which is a great way to beat the heat.

What I got:
Vodka
Tequila
Rum
Coconut Rum
Redrum
Kahlua
Port
Guinness

I can always buy more though if you got something really good in mind.

Oh, and please drink responsibly. You know, out of a paper bag.

Angcuru

First Post
It's not a recipe perce', but it does help with the heat. When lunch break rolls around at work, everyone seems to have Sam Adams Cherry Wheat on hand. Being but 17, I'm stuck with Sprite :rolleyes: ..but that ale does seem to help, according to a lot of guys I know.

Last edited:

Gossamerblade

First Post
There's a new kind of Sprite in stores now called Tropical Sprite Remix. It tastes like it's got some pineapple and orange flavor in it, and it's great with rum. It'd probably be good with the coconut rum too. I put a little Midori melon liquer in mine and it was very tasty. (And green!)

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
For my money, there's nothing better on a hot day than a pitcher of margaritas. Frozen, if you've got a blender to do it with.

haiiro

First Post
I'm not much of a drinker, but given the liquor you have on hand...

Take that coconut rum (hopefully Malibu), chill it, and enjoy. Pretty simple recipe, too. ;)

Blockader7

First Post
Tie a person upside down, hold cup to neck, cut neck, but make sure it comes out nice and easy.

Oh wait. That's me in another reality...

Jenale

First Post
Of course, the vodka and kahlua go together to make Black Russians (one of my favorites). But for beating the heat, favorite is still a brandy slush. (I suppose you could try it with rum, though).

Brandy Slush

Ingredients:
4 tea bags
9 cups water (divided)
2 cups sugar
1 (12oz) frozen orange juice concentrate
1 (12 oz) frozen lemonade concentrate
2 cups brandy
Lemon-lime soda (7up, Sprite, Sierra Mist, etc.)

Directions:
Boil 4 tea bags in 2 cups of water for a few minutes. Remove tea bags. In a separate bowl mix sugar with 7 cups of water until dissolved. Add Lemonade and orange juice (both undiluted). Pour tea mixture in with the lemonade/orange juice mixture. Add brandy. Stir until thoroughly mixed.

Pour into an ice cream bucket and place in freezer. Stir mixture periodically until set (a good day or two).

Use an ice cream scoop to take out frozen brandy mixture. Place mixture in a cup and pour soda over it.

It's nice to make up a pretty big batch--it really doesn't go bad or anything.

Cedric

First Post
Two old favorites...one common, one not so common.

Tequila Sunrise

Tequila, Orange Juice and Grenadine Syrup (pomegranet(sp?) syrup)

Border Buttermilk (which has no buttermilk in it).

In a Blender,

Add a small can of frozen limeade concentrate
Mix in a small can of frozen pink lemonade concentrate
Mix in one can of rum
Mix in one can of tequila
Add ice to the top of the blend...
Blend until smooth

Cedric

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
It's my understanding that the electrolytes in a Vodka and Gatorade helps propel the alcohol directly to your blood system. I have a friend named Bill who swears by them. He calls them Nickalizers because they turn him into someone called Nick... :rolleyes:

Remove ads