(ot) Toronto Get Together!

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
thatdarncat said:
Oh, hey, I like that! I've got this thread subscribed so I get a little note with a linke whenever it's posted to. It automatically updated to reflect the move to gamers seeking gamers :)

hmmmm maybe not... ah well, resubscribe time

so where would people like to eat?

Acmite

First Post
Again, I'm not as familiar with Toronto as some others here are, but the Pickle Barrel sounds OK. I'm pretty flexible, so I'll go with the flow....

Chroma

Explorer
I wish I knew!

I need to know, because I have to decide soon: go out with the gamers or go out with the girl... *laugh*

Anyone? Anyone?

Acmite

First Post
Craptastic

We (Cor Azer and myself) are assuming that this is a bust since response has been tepid at best....

But, I think it would be a good idea to set up a proper "Get-Together" along the lines of what the Boston and Chicago folks did.....you know, plan way in advance, set-up games with DMs, etc.

I'll start up a new thread sometime in the next couple of days....

It's too bad this didn't work out. I'm sure we'll have better luck next time!

***I've been trying to post this since 3:45 pm but the messed up boards won't let me!***

saupster

First Post
Sorry it didn't work out!

It's to bad that we couldn't all get together (I unfortunately had to work that night). But I do like Acmite's idea; planning a get together well in advance sounds real good to me.

Acmite

First Post
Waiting Game

I'm going to put off starting a new thread for a week or so. I'm hoping Morrus will have figured out how to "fix" the boards by then. As I see it, 3 things pooched the first meeting:

1. Timing--that weekend was bad for many, and we didn't plan far enough in advance.

2. Board problems--made it harder for people to casually surf and find the thread, nevermind keep up with it.

3. Thread was moved to G seeking G. Many people didn't follow it here, and I think it's a fair assumption that they thought the whole thing had been called off.

When I start a new thread hopefully we can take all of this into account and compensate.

Remove ads