• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] What are you listening to?

Mark Plemmons

Explorer
Just picked up the latest Reel Big Fish album this weekend, so that's mostly all I've heard in the last couple days. Otherwise, lately it's been Royal Crown Revue and Cowboy Mouth.

:)

Mark Plemmons
Kenzer and Company
www.kenzerco.com

aeldrin

First Post
Charlotte Church singing: Schubert's Ave Maria, Puccini's O Mio Babino Caro, Bizet's Habanera, and Amazing Grace. I love her voice.

With or Without You by U2.
Making of a Cyborg, the theme from Ghost in the Shell.
What You do About Me by M2M.
Never Saw Blue Like that Before by Shawn Colvin.
When You Walk in the Room by Sanne Salomonsen.
J.S. Bach's Canon for Three Violins and Cello.
J.S. Bach's Suite for Solo Cello No. 1 in G major.
Fields of Gold by Sting.

PistachioJW

First Post
Joy Division, The Cure, The Smiths, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Pixies, The White Stripes, Jets to Brazil, The Jesus and Mary Chain,
Dinosaur Jr., Nirvana, Mazzy Star, Husker Du, My Bloody Valentine, The Faint, Son Ambulance, Cursive, The Get Up Kids, The Velvet Underground, and many, many, many others...

Fiery Todd

Explorer
Right now...Doves and Elbow (saw both bands live recently and it was the best show I've seen in a long while), Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (again, saw live recently, and very cool, and if you're a fan of JAMC you HAVE to check them out)), Rival Schools, The Flashing Lights, Guided by Voices, Clinic, White Stripes, The Hives, Swervedriver (my favs), and Trail of Dead.

However, the new Flaming Lips is simply amazing. A combination of ELO, Yes, Zep, and Pink Floyd all wrapped up in a sound that's just the biggest bag of musical fun since their last one. I mean, how can you go wrong with a disk that's about robots? These guys rock.

Cheers!

LostSoul

Adventurer
Utrecht said:
What I actually end up listening to depends on what I need to get done - for anything with a deadline - I go with Trance - 120 bpm really gets the juices flowing.

I know what you mean. If I want to get into a creative mood, I throw on some trance and let the ideas flow.

jollyninja

First Post
well currently on winamp i have the following: titles have been given where i thought you might like something indicative of their work to chew on.

van halen (not van haggar)
soundgarden
stone temple pilots
saliva:click click boom
40 below summer: rope
hatebreed: i will be heard
nirvana
pain:shut your mouth (greatest video ever if you can find it, nearly peed myself at the end)
metallica
mushroomhead
slipknot
NIN
slayer
edit: forgot slayer

Last edited:

darklight

First Post
Quote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by darklight

The Gathering (Anneke van Giersen is an awesome singer)

darklight
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her name is Anneke van Giersbergen...

Ooops!
Yes, I suppose my memory got scrambled on that one...:)

Anybody listen to Royal Hunt?

darklight

Agback

Explorer
What I am listening to

G'day

The Pogues' "Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash". Following up on some Leonard Cohen.

Regards,

Agback

Remove ads