(OT) What the heck is a hivemind thread?

Knight Otu

First Post
A Hivemind thread, as already been said, is much like an ongoing chat. We talk about all things there.

We have "What xxx are you?" tests there, as they occasionally pop up in GD. We have serious discussions there.

At times, hiveminders are sad and are comforted by other hiveminders. Sometimes, ideas for games spring up, like the kobold kantrips, which was split into a seperate thread in House Rules.

In Character games have been spawned or planned by the Hivemind - serious games. A similar thing happened a long time ago when Edena of Neith asked "What would your character do if gnomes brought the Industrial Revolution to the FR" (not quite correctly quoted).

And yes, often Hiveminders do post seemingly nonsensical posts. Just as it happened before the Hivemind arrived, yes, even before Morrus took over.

The hivemind is usually one thread at a time. If there are more, you can expect a mod to take about it soon. We don't want to take over the world (actually, we do, but don't tell anyone ;)). We don't want to hurt anyone.

There are two things to keep in mind:

First: You don't have to read hivemind threads. Interesting things tend to find their way out of the thread into other forums anyway.

Second: You're invited. Not forced, invited. :)

Last edited:

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Plus the hivemind serves ase something useful. Games are set up there, ideas bounce around there, and minor rules questions are often cleared up there (stuff that seems too minor to be placed in its own thread on the forums). Plus I know at least one publisher who bounces ideas off the Hivemind to see how they fly. :D

Crothian

First Post
HellHound said:
Plus I know at least one publisher who bounces ideas off the Hivemind to see how they fly. :D

So, are we going to see "and Special Thanks to the Hivemind" in one of your books?

:D

Last edited:

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
d20Dwarf said:
I would post in this thread, but it would get locked. :D

Yeah, it's pretty much established that any talk of anti-hivemind will be censored and shut down, and any talk of bashing anti-hiveminders in the hivemind thread will be supported by the mods themselves. :)

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Mistwell said:

Yeah, it's pretty much established that any talk of anti-hivemind will be censored and shut down, and any talk of bashing anti-hiveminders in the hivemind thread will be supported by the mods themselves. :)

wow, now it seems that putting a smiley at the end act as am "I'm a good guy, take no offense" shield. Can I try too? :)

Remove ads