• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT WORLD CUP] Feb 24 update

CoopersPale

First Post
How good was Symonds!

that was an AWESOME batting display....

You know, it must be fairly intimidating for the opposing teams when our 9th batsman is Brett Lee....

We bat well a long way down that order :)

Ruavel

First Post
Originally posted by CoopersPale
You know, it must be fairly intimidating for the opposing teams when our 9th batsman is Brett Lee....
I know what you mean... Lee's first shot yesterday was a beautiful up-right stroke that an opening batsman would be proud of... plus when it's needed he can belt the ball around the park as well...

I was really glad to see Pakistan try to make a macth of it through the middle order... showed the fighting spirit that marks them as good competitors and certainly in with a chance to make the Super Six Series section of this World Cup...

Eternalknight

First Post
Ruavel said:

I know what you mean... Lee's first shot yesterday was a beautiful up-right stroke that an opening batsman would be proud of... plus when it's needed he can belt the ball around the park as well...

I was really glad to see Pakistan try to make a macth of it through the middle order... showed the fighting spirit that marks them as good competitors and certainly in with a chance to make the Super Six Series section of this World Cup...

I think there is no doubt Pakistan will make the Super Sixes. What was good to see was that they didn't fall apart like they normally do when things aren't quite going their way. Waqar being taken out of the bowling, for instance.

jemkym

First Post
shilsen said:

I agree. And I'm 2 from 5 too. With a couple of upsets already, this is turning out to be an interesting World Cup already. And I can't see a game (I'm in the US) :(

And I'm 4 from 5.... MUHAHAHAHA! (sorry). I'll go with the crowd (no pun intended) for the next two and back India and South Africa.

That ball from Waqar Younis to Symonds... I loved it. If you're gonna choose someone walking down the pitch towards you with a cricket bat in hand, Symonds would be way down on my list. But then, I'm a coward...:(

jemkym

First Post
shilsen said:

I agree. And I'm 2 from 5 too. With a couple of upsets already, this is turning out to be an interesting World Cup already. And I can't see a game (I'm in the US) :(

And I'm 4 from 5... MUHAHAHAHA!!! (sorry). I'll go with the crowd here (no pun intended) and back India and South Africa.

I loved that delivery from Waqar Younis to Symonds. If I were to choose who I could have walking down the pitch to me with a bat in hand, Symonds would be way down that list. But then I'm a coward... :(

Brett Lee was excellent too. I liked that little snippet of trivia that he smashed nine helmets on a tour of Zimbabwe. That's why we love our commentators! They always come up with interesting stuff like that.

Ruavel

First Post
Originally posted by jemkym
Brett Lee was excellent too. I liked that little snippet of trivia that he smashed nine helmets on a tour of Zimbabwe. That's why we love our commentators! They always come up with interesting stuff like that.
what an awesome piece of trivia...!! I must have missed it... (probably because I was listening to the radio commentary cos people like Tony Greg make me think homicide is a fair & decent act...)

Eternalknight

First Post
Ruavel said:

what an awesome piece of trivia...!! I must have missed it... (probably because I was listening to the radio commentary cos people like Tony Greg make me think homicide is a fair & decent act...)

Hehe, Tony Grieg (and Richie Benaud) are two of the commentators I can actually stand to listen to. Better than boring old Mark Taylor and Ian Chappel :)

Ruavel

First Post
Oringally posted by Eternalknight
Hehe, Tony Grieg (and Richie Benaud) are two of the commentators I can actually stand to listen to. Better than boring old Mark Taylor and Ian Chappel
I think what got me last night with Tony Grieg was his repetition of one phrase 3 times within 5 minutes...

rrraaahhh....!

feel my wrath, Tony...!

;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads