• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Our (as in ENWorld's) tribute to Gary

Epic Meepo

Adventurer
Thanks, Michael.

Michael Morris said:
And before anyone wastes an hour of their life hunting it down, I did forget to block Gary's own screen name ( Col_Pladoh ) from being displayed in the list - so it's in there somewhere.
In a way, the invented Col_Pladoh was Gary's "player character" here at ENWorld, so I think it only appropriate that Col_Pladoh was there to send him off.

LcKedovan

Explorer
Thanks Michael,

a much appreciated tribute from those of us far away who could not be present in body.

-W.

(On another note, wow, it was quite a thing to see how many people have joined since the early days since it was in order.)

Quill_Quayuazue

First Post
Thank you very much for showing the support of the EN World community for those of us unable to attend the services...

you have done some thing for all of us that we may not have been able to do , thank you again

Q

Portland TN USA
and every one in the Nashville & Memphis areas!! ;)

Aeolius

Adventurer
aradinn said:
is that ALL the members?

From the first post in this thread:
Michael Morris said:
I am going to print a poster measuring 40" across by however long it takes to display the users with at least 10 posts that have not been banned. (Sorry lurkers, but there isn't enough room to print all 60,000 names - as it is the thing will be about 6-7' high)

Danzauker

Adventurer
Thank you very much Michael for the nice gesture.

My only contribution to D&D was no more that some GMed games and maybe bringing some one into the game.

Still, I think D&D had been a part of my life, and the source of hours of enjoyment.

I can only say that I'm honoured to be displayed in that list.

Rhuvein

First Post
Michael Morris said:
I know the printer personally so I only had to pay cost of materials with no upcharge - about $150 with the overnight shipping costs included. Don't worry about it though - I earn enough in my work to afford such an expenditure.

Michael many thanks for putting that poster together and sending it one. I initially had posted a message here for Gary and then wasn't able to get back into this site so I didn't know about this effort.

But, I saw the poster at the funeral and was blown away - as you know it was huge and very impressive. Everybody was checking it out.

I recognized many names but didn't look at it too much as others wished to have a gaze.

And it wasn't until moments ago I saw my screen ID on it.

Very well done!

:D

Remove ads