• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Our Game Store Just Got A Drive-Through Window

Ahwe Yahzhe

First Post
Yahoo! Groups

IMG_0288.jpg

Luckily, the only table that got hit was the one with no game at it...

Everybody else made their Acrobatics / Athletics checks.

-AY

Last edited:

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
I hope he checked to see if they held the onions before he drove away, because I don't think you want him to come back and complain!

Oryan77

Adventurer
I bet it was two friends arguing about how one likes 4e better and the other likes 3e better. And the edition war got out of hand and they didn't realize they arrived at the shop until it was too late.

Ahwe Yahzhe

First Post
What happened? Was it a DUI?

No. Just incredibly bad parking, then bounced off a huge tree and through the window. (I blame the tree; as if blocking the store's marquee wasn't enough. I think it was transplanted from the set of Poltergeist, being as close to Hollywood as we are...)

You can see below it took out a the window and door (which in turn almost took out a D&D player), plus a display case and the only game table without no game running.

IMG_0286.jpg

As for Car Wars, actually I think somebody suggested playing Formula D at the Game Day tomorrow to commemorate the new drive-thru window.

-AY

DumbPaladin

First Post
Hey! This is actually MY local game store, and I say Boo to the drive-through window!

Also, I will repeat what I said on my Facebook page: the woman driving that car must be stopped! We shall send our level 18 nerds out to destroy her!!

(That place can get PACKED at times, with every single table teeming with multiple people -- it is truly amazing no one was injured.)

ssampier

First Post
Wow. Glad no one was hurt.

I hope insurance covers most of the property damage from the shop. I hate to see good game shops go out of business.

It does seem unusual for a sedan to jump a curb, though. You frequently see trucks and SUVs jump curbs, but they are much higher off the ground.

Remove ads