Our Physical Fitness

darjr

I crit!
Are you doing row exercises or actual rowing of a boat? (just curious)

I have been sputtering along this week. Every other day I get a full weight routine in and some very light in door cardio (honestly not enough). And on alternate days my pattern has been just getting a few weight exercises I missed (not even to the point where I break a sweat). On those alternate days I sometimes just do sets in between work and other things throughout the day. And I get at least one rest day. I would like to up my cardio a bit and maybe get involved in something at a Gym again
Row machine. Actual rowing in water is beyond my pay scale.

darjr

I crit!
I am thinking of investing in an indoor rowing cardio machine so I can get good back and cardio workout. Right now my back work out consists largely of various dumbbell rows (I try to do about four sets of different variations)
When I row a lot my back gets wider around the back of the shoulders/lats. For me it's very hypertrophic.

The really nice thing I like about it is I can change focus. Use a lot of back for a while then switch to focus on pushing with my legs either with my glutes or hams. Then I can switch and pull more with my arms using biceps more.

I can also go all out and get a great hit workout. Running is probably better all around for that but I don't get the above and my old man knees sure appreciate the rowing.

Evaniel

Filthy Casual (he/him)
I can also go all out and get a great hit workout. Running is probably better all around for that but I don't get the above and my old man knees sure appreciate the rowing.
I've never been much into rowing (too much cardio peanut butter in my resistance training chocolate), but this bit about old man knees? It's making me reconsider.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I love rowing, I need to make use of the machines at the gym I go to. I pretty much have been biking/walking outside because I like the fresh air as opposed to being in a building. Though, the rowing machine is a great workout opportunity.

Remove ads