OUT OF THE ABYSS Cover Art!

Were you hoping to see the cover of the upcoming adventure, Out of the Abyss, which is coming later this year from Green Ronin and WotC as part of the Rage of Demons storyline? Of course you were! Well, here it is, in all its demonic, abyssal, Demogorgon glory.

Were you hoping to see the cover of the upcoming adventure, Out of the Abyss, which is coming later this year from Green Ronin and WotC as part of the Rage of Demons storyline? Of course you were! Well, here it is, in all its demonic, abyssal, Demogorgon glory.

outoftheabyss.jpg

pukunui

Legend
I am in love with the idea of this storyline — the Underdark! Demons! — but mostly because, from a crunch point of view, the most obvious thing to add would be psionics. There are just too many psionics-wielding Underdark creepies (Illithids, aboleths, intellect devourers, quaggoths, duergar, etc.) not to do it.
Late last year, when Mike did an AMA on Reddit, he used a mindflayer-themed adventure as an example of when they might do psionics, so maybe ... ?

Also, here's the official blurb about the adventure:

Dare to descend into the Underdark in this adventure for the world’s greatest roleplaying game!

The Underdark is a subterranean wonderland, a vast and twisted labyrinth where fear reigns. It is the home of horrific monsters that have never seen the light of day. It is here that the dark elf Gromph Baenre, Archmage of Menzoberranzan, casts a foul spell meant to ignite a magical energy that suffuses the Underdark and tears open portals to the demonic Abyss. What steps through surprises even him, and from that moment on, the insanity that pervades the Underdark escalates and threatens to shake the Forgotten Realms to its foundations. Stop the madness before it consumes you!

A Dungeons & Dragons adventure for characters of levels 1–15

kingjosh3

Explorer
I haven't bought any of the hardcover adventures so far. But, this? I want this!

I wonder if they'll print a player's guide, too. Kind of unlikely, since they didn't for any of the currently out adventures, but I'm getting anxious to see some player-facing books, already. Please, WotC? Pleeeease?!

hardvice

First Post
Assuming there are new rules (which seems likely even if they don't do psionics), they'll probably do another freebie Player's Companion PDF like they did for Elemental Evil. Last one came out about a month before the adventure, so I guess we'll know come August.

S

Sunseeker

First campaign I'm actually looking forward to. Drizzt can still go DIAF, so I hope his role is minor.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
This. Is. Awesome!!! Never has Big D looked better. Green Ronin is putting this out?!? Pure win. I wonder what character/player options will be in it?

trystero

Explorer
I think my perception of Demogorgon is going to be forever skewed from when I fought him in Baldur's Gate II and he didn't seem all that large. Maybe he was and my memory is off.

He's listed as being 18 feet tall in the original D&D Eldritch Wizardry supplement (his first appearance) and in the AD&D Monster Manual, so the new cover looks about right to me. :)

delericho

Legend
Looks very nice. The standard of the art in 5e has been extremely high in general.

But I'm rather more interested in the words that are inside the book than the great big spoiler on the outside.

Remove ads

Remove ads