OUT OF THE ABYSS Cover Art!

Were you hoping to see the cover of the upcoming adventure, Out of the Abyss, which is coming later this year from Green Ronin and WotC as part of the Rage of Demons storyline? Of course you were! Well, here it is, in all its demonic, abyssal, Demogorgon glory.

Were you hoping to see the cover of the upcoming adventure, Out of the Abyss, which is coming later this year from Green Ronin and WotC as part of the Rage of Demons storyline? Of course you were! Well, here it is, in all its demonic, abyssal, Demogorgon glory.

outoftheabyss.jpg

wedgeski

Adventurer
Wow. To me, Demogorgon has always been one of the most D&D-ish of big-bads, and this is another in a long line of eye-popping renderings. Lately it seems you just can't take a bad picture of the guy.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
That looks fantastic. I too have ignored the story arcs and probably will again, but if it means getting my hands on more demons I might have to buy. I am looking forward to the Player's Guide too. Demon pact warlock, demonic blood sorcerer, surely.

Ravenheart87

Explorer
That Demogorgon is a brute. I prefer his slimmer looks with longer necks. In general, I prefer weird demons over buffed ones. Otherwise the book looks promising.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Demogorgon looks good there.

I'm excited to see ol' baboon heads as the main antagonist. Orcus gets all the play and we know Grazz'zt is the sexy fanged face of the Abyss, but one of the most quintessential weird D&D things was that the plane of ultimate chaos and evil was ruled by a insane two-headed monkey tentacle monster with an affinity for vampiric manta rays.

I am looking forward to the ixixachitl stats. :)

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I always considered that Demogorgon was worshiped by aquatic monsters because he was older than the sentient mammalian races. "Fish" were his first worshipers because they came before mammals evolution-wise. His baboon heads represent a change in his worshipers and thus him. Symbolizes the rise of mammals.

Of course, this all falls appart with a little scrutiny.

Remove ads

Remove ads