D&D 5E Out of the Abyss IC

GlassEye

Adventurer
Raza Thulcandra

Raza nodded as she continued to poke around the teleportation circle. Finally she let out her breath in a long, wheezing rasp and looked up at Kago and Brinn, Shuushar and Kamael (Solace having already departed on other investigations).

"It does not respond to blood. That is good; we won't need to make a sacrifice. And I believe it could be made serviceable again but fair warning: this is not my area of expertise and we do not have all the materials I believe necessary to make the repairs. We could make do, but it would take several days, maybe as long as a week, and there would be no guarantee that it would work in the end. A decision must be made."

[sblock=Raza, in brief]
[size=+1]Raza Thulcandra[/size], halfling Druid 3
Initiative: +2; Inspiration: No
AC: 13, Current: 13; HP: 24/24; Speed: 25 ft

Str 8 (-1), Dex 15 (+2) , Con 14 (+2), Int 11 (+0), Wis 15 (+2), Cha 12 (+1)

Conditions:
Saves: Intelligence +2, Wisdom +4
Skills: Insight +4, Perception +4, Religion +2, Stealth +4
Senses: passive Perception 14

In Hand: flame
Spells Prepared: (5) (Grimoire)
  • 2nd level: 1/2; Darkvision, Flame Blade*, Spider Climb (circle), Spike Growth (circle)
  • 1st level: 4/4; Absorb Elements*, Cure Wounds*, Faerie Fire
  • Cantrips: Druidcraft, Mold Earth, Produce Flame
* can be cast at higher level

Special:
Lucky, Brave, Halfling Nimbleness, Naturally Stealthy, Natural Recovery 2/2
Wild Shape 2/2 (1 hour duration)

Stuff:

[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"If it takes a week, it doesn't save us time. And time is what we need." Solace, back form scouting, offers her view. Her stomach growls, but she ignores it. "I say we move on."

Yavathol

Explorer
"We don't have enough food to stay here for a week, and any pursuers would certainly catch us in that time. Shushaar, which land exit out of this place leads to your city? "

[sblock=status]Kamael hp 17/17
AC 15
Inspiration yes, Tides of Chaos no, Concentrating no
Slots 3/4 2/2
SP: 2/3
HD: 2/3[/sblock]

"To the south. It bends west nearly immediately. There is a hidden path, though I do not remember where. Kago will find it. Or not. Though, his eyes were keen on the way here."

DAY 2, Level 3

With Kago in the lead, the party set out for the southernmost passageway discovered by Solace. The going was at first very slow; the stream bed narrowed to only the fast-flowing water of the stream, flanked by sheer limestone and shale walls. The water had no ice floes yet seemed colder than rime, which the group discovered all too soon after having to wade across with the aid of ropes. No one was swept away, though there was a narrow miss with Jimjar, who'd been attempting to lay a wager with Brinn that Shuushar was really a mindflayer in disguise. Once Jimjar was hauled from an icy death, Kago soon found the hidden passageway mentioned by Shuushar, and the group set off again on bare dry rock. It was a miserable walk. Clothes were wet from the stream, no one had blankets, and armor chaffed. There had been no food since the meager fish stew prior to the rest. Water, however, was in abundance. Everyone in the group with a waterskin filled it before the path quit the streambed.

OOC: The first person to see this and respond gets to set the pace. Pick one: fast, normal, slow. Pour moi: Random roll, and other random roll.

The party trekked onward at a rapid clip. The path was slender, lined with steeply sloped walls that climbed to heights that varied from five to over sixty feet. It was possible to walk only in single-file order: Kago (front) << Shuushar << Solace << Turvey << Kamael << Raza << Jimjar << Stool << Brinn (rear).

[sblock=Brinn]Brinn hears something treading behind the party. It's a good ways back, but the gait and shuffle is unmistakable; something stalks you.[/sblock]

Remove ads