• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Out of the Abyss IC

industrygothica

Adventurer
In a poor attempt to mask his frustration, Kago stands up abruptly and moves to take another seat away from the fish-warrior, perhaps one close to Solace or Raza. He considers for a moment that this insolent mackerel may indeed give his life for his Sea Mother... Gruumsh could see to that. But he holds his tongue, for even an orc is intelligent enough to see that now is not the time.

Yavathol

Explorer

Kamael addressed Ploopplooppen, "I think then, we should go via the wharves. Please describe the layout of the other shrine - is it a building or a pole in the open? How many guards is Bloppblippodd likely to have around her, and where does she go when she is not at the shrine? Ideally, I would like to sneak into some location where I can see the area but not have any guards immediately come at me; a rooftop or watch tower perhaps."

OOC:
I vaguely recall a map too, and I think we had a plan to go in via the wharves, with Ploopploopeen casting Water Breathing on us?

Will cast Twinned Mage Armor on Solace and Kamael when we leave the geode.

[sblock=status]Kamael hp 22/22
AC 15
Inspiration yes, Tides of Chaos yes, Concentrating no
Slots 4/4 3/3
SP: 4/4
HD: 4/4
http://www.enworld.org/forum/group.php?discussionid=1414
[/sblock]

OOC:
I vaguely recall a map too, and I think we had a plan to go in via the wharves, with Ploopploopeen casting Water Breathing on us?
This sounds right to me, too. I was thinking water breathing + wharves, with Solace as forward scout. I'll let [MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION] weigh in whether he remembers Solace volunteered to scout. Conversely, maybe ya'll don't like that plan anymore and want to approach the wharves all of you at once (or do something entirely different). Feel free to use the OOC to strategize as you glean info from the kuo-toa.

I'll post the Sloobludop map later tonight.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Yes, there was a map, and we'd just begun exploring. I remember a large statue, and we'd come up by a pier, but nothing else. Might as well keep with the plan we'd started, but I'm not committed to any particular course of action.

Ffjlhse.jpg

Credit: WotC . . . Cartographer: Jared Blando

Plooploopeen listened mutely to Kamael's inquiries. "First, you will need this." He gestured to an underling, who handed over a rolled up scroll that, when unfurled, proved to be a map of Sloobludop. Both shrines were marked on the map. The archpriest seemed deep in thought, and hesitant; he did not respond any further for a long moment, though it seemed he was carefully thinking through something.

OOC: Make Charisma DC 14 checks, [MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION] and [MENTION=33284]Yavathol[/MENTION], with an additional +2 circumstance bonus.

Last edited:

Yavathol

Explorer
Kamael spoke with his customary charm, bolstered by the fact that he had been observing the ways of these strange creatures for some time now..
OOC:
[roll0]

Plooploopeen seemed to settle something for himself in his own head. He nodded once, then continued speaking. "The Deep Father shrine is the one you'll want. It is closest to the wharves, and constructed in ill fashion by my daughter and her minions. Sloobludop is home to perhaps five hundred like myself, but we are split in two as a result of this rift between myself and Bloppblippodd. She and her followers have erected a grotesque monstrosity, an outdoor totem altar to the Deep Father. They make blood sacrifices of the altar, throwing chum into the waters of the Dark Lake, where it is consumed by...something. I would have you disrupt their rituals, tear down their shrine. It is unwholesome," his eyes glittered. "Each gate is guarded by four lightning priests; they are stationed outside the gates, and well hidden. The wharves house keelboats but are guarded by five roving patrols of four of my kin, each with three warriors under the command of a lightning priest. It would seem that Bloppblippodd has assumed control of both the gates and the wharves; I think you can count on meeting with resistance, and in the numbers specified. The shrine will be similarly guarded, not only by lay worshippers come to make offerings, but by warriors. I have had word that my son, Glooglugogg, remains faithful to the Sea Mother. He is in the settlement somewhere, though whether he is in hiding or out in the open, openly defying his sister, I know not. If you can find him, he may be numbered an ally. Though, time will be short."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Raza Thulcandra

Raza sat quietly and listened to the warriors make plans of battle. She watched the kuo-toan priest with narrowed eyes. Finally, she cleared her throat.

"We are few in number and could not succeed without your people, your son, rallying to your cause. We may be able to tip the balance in your favor, but we must know: what fate do you see for your daughter?"

[sblock=Raza, in brief]
[size=+1]Raza Thulcandra[/size], halfling Druid 4
Initiative: +3; Inspiration: No
AC: 14, Current: 14; HP: 30/31; Speed: 25 ft

Str 8 (-1), Dex 16 (+3) , Con 14 (+2), Int 11 (+0), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 12 (+1)

Conditions: Darkvision
Saves: Intelligence +2, Wisdom +5
Skills: Insight +5, Perception +5, Religion +2, Stealth +5
Senses: passive Perception 15

In Hand:
Spells Prepared: (7) (Grimoire)
  • 2nd level: 1/2; Darkvision, Flame Blade*, Lesser Restoration, Spider Climb (circle), Spike Growth (circle)
  • 1st level: 0/4; Absorb Elements*, Cure Wounds*, Faerie Fire, Goodberry
  • Cantrips: Druidcraft, Mold Earth, Produce Flame, Guidance
* can be cast at higher level
Spell Attack: +5; Spell save DC 13

Special:
Lucky, Brave, Halfling Nimbleness, Naturally Stealthy, Natural Recovery 0/2
Wild Shape 0/2 (2 hour duration)
Hit Dice 3/4 (1/2 total HD restored at long rest)

Stuff:
Kuo-toa pack, 1/2 ration, 1/2 full waterskin, focus (obsidion)
Driftglobe: light (at will); 1/1 daylight
[/sblock]

The archpriest considered Raza. "It is a hard thing, to lose a child. But she has gone against our ways. Our totems never used to be guarded until this rift. They were a place of free worship. And the leviathan from the depths of the lake come to feed on bloody chum is not a thing that has molested our settlement in years past." Plooploopeen fell silent. The warrior kuo-toa who'd been leaning against the wall suddenly shoved forward and hissed, "Bloppblippodd will die. She must!"

Plooploopeen said nothing, though his eyes rested on Raza and were pools of cold anger.

Remove ads