• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Out of the Abyss OOC

Is there any side passage we can use to travel to Stools home without actually going through Sloobludop?
Wrex, and [MENTION=6829052]Wrex[/MENTION] only, would know that Neverlight Grove (Stool's home) is very nearly directly due west across The Darklake from Sloobludop. Neverlight Grove, however, is not on the lake's shore the way that Sloobludop is; instead, it's inland to the west a good ways. Wrex has some (limited) knowledge about The Darklake. And about the travel times between Underdark locations. It is a goodly haul overland to get from Sloobludop to Neverlight Grove. I apologize for putting pressure to disclose on you, Wrex.

Wrex

First Post
Sorry all for the delay, had a car crash incident yesterday and been running around today. Some jackass stacked printers in the bed of his pickup, probably 100 or so, and secured them with a tarp and a single strap. 15 or so fell out on the interstate (70 mph) and I couldn't swerve.

The bright side is that nobody was hurt, and seeing a printer hit at 70 mph is like the scene from Office Space on crack...

Yavathol

Explorer
Woa, that must have been a shock! Very glad to hear no one was hurt and I hope the insurance sorts your car out quickly - I'm guessing it got pretty dented?

zOMG. [MENTION=6829052]Wrex[/MENTION], I'm very glad you're not hurt, and that no one else was injured. Is your car totaled? And, yes, a printer at warp speed is hilarity incarnate. Please tell me they were daisy wheel printers?! I'll be sad if they turn out to be new laser printers still in tidy boxes. One time, coming home from bar review* in 2014, I witnessed a semi tractor trailor jackknife on the interstate. It'd been hauling turkeys. There were turkeys EVERYWHERE. Mass carnage. And then, right as I was passing through said carnage, the radio started playing--I kid you not--Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynrd.

*By which I mean the review class of TEH LAW, not bar hopping, boozing, or bar crawling.

Wrex

First Post
Yeah, all good. Cars not totaled, but my driverside bumper, fender, and headlight are all jacked up.

In law school, one of the second year students ahead of me was the manager at a local bar. Once a month he'd hold "Bar Review" and we'd get free beer and pizza for like 3 hours on a friday...good times.

I've been keeping tabs on ya'll progress at making a decision where to head and who's on point doing recon, and who might be party face for the next encounter. What I see so far is Raza offering to take point on Stealth/recon with Solace, Solace as party face, and Brinn as translator. My sense, however, is that you guys are still pumping Ce'rek for info and are in the throes of active decision making in the IC. I will leave things be for now. I don't, however, want to linger too long. Make a decision and let me know, guys. [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION], I'd like you to please announce to me what that decision is when you think the group's arrived at one. We'll take turns rotating responsibility to announce this kind of decision, but for now for clarity's sake GlassEye bears the burden to do so.

Last edited:

Remove ads